Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Barn quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/barn-quilts-t295480.html)

solstice3 03-15-2018 08:59 AM

I hVe all the materials to make one for our Montana garage when I get back there. Going to do the bear paw pattern

Forgiven 03-15-2018 10:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's mine. It's made from a 4 x 4 ft. sheet of 3/8" plywood, mounted on a frame for hanging. I used regular outdoor house paint and it's been up for about 3-4 years with no problem. It hangs in the peak of the garage.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]590892[/ATTACH]

Rose_P 03-15-2018 01:51 PM

KalamaQuilts, I love your sunflowers, and the tire cover idea is great. Maybe my next car will have one.

Onemoe and Forgiven, I like yours, too.

jeanneb52 03-16-2018 03:09 AM

My carpenter's wheel block

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by nannya54 (Post 8022090)
Took a class last year on how to make them and ended up hanging that one on my neighbor's fence facing my direction. I've had more people comment on it - all positive. Have 3 more boards to do to finish that fence and then my other next door neighbors fence - all pointed in my direction. They don't have to be on a building.

The fence is a great idea! My late hubby built me my block. It hangs on the garage side, which faces the street. I showed him the block I wanted but did not tell him the nsme. He was a retired master carpenter, so when I finally told him the block was for me, in honor of him, he was super pleased. I have as smaller on that hangs on the front porch, picked it out of someone's garbage and cleaned it up. That one is an Ohio star. I just love them.

lynnie 03-16-2018 04:21 PM

OMG!!! Jeanne, i didn't see your name at first. I was going to write about yours. Your beat me to it!! You know how much i love yours.

maybe we can all hang one to let quilters know we speak quilt. can make new friends that way too.

Fizzle 03-16-2018 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts (Post 8021475)
this is mine, just finished it.
One of the many cancer books I read with my first cancer said to pick an icon, anything that said Healthy Happy Hope to me.
Sunflower came to mind. Rob plants walls of them each year ;)

I'm thinking about trying painting on the tire cover of our new 5th wheel.
Have Barn Quilt, will travel!

That is beautiful! Really great job.

SSStitches 03-17-2018 07:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Its up! Had to wait for rain to go away. I am excited. It is 4x4.

KalamaQuilts 03-17-2018 09:31 AM

looks lovely, thank you for sharing!

Maralyn 03-18-2018 04:35 PM

I have a barn quilt on my garage in town. I love it and people are surprised to see it there. But, I don't have a photo.

leonf 03-19-2018 08:35 AM

Saw three this weekend. and, Oh My, one was on a quilt store I hadn't been too. Good thing it was closed.