Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Bathing suits (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/bathing-suits-t317133.html)

sewingpup 12-23-2021 08:17 AM

Loved going to the therapy pool here. I have Fibro and also a big problem with plantar facitis They had a group class for people with RA and I loved it. I would also request to do my physical therapy in the pool because of my foot problems making it hard to stand and do other exercises. I don't know if the pool helped me keep weight off but it sure helped me gain strength and with my stretching. There are so many things you can do in the pool and even just doing pool walking helps a great deal as the resistance of walking through the water builds muscles and is so much easier on the joints. I would walk forwards, then backwards, then side to side. We used the pool noodles and floats too. Have fun and try and go the same time each day as you will get to know other folks that way too. See if they have some classes you can join. We had all sorts for the young and athletic and also some for us more mature folks with health issues.

osewme 12-23-2021 08:35 AM

Great looking swim suit & I know you will enjoy the pool exercises. Have fun!

Doggramma 12-23-2021 08:37 AM

When I did water aerobics I got a chlorine-resistant suit from H2O. I like the ones that have the longer legs.

juliasb 12-23-2021 12:03 PM

My bathing suit just saw its last washing here a few weeks ago. It just plain wore out! I am looking for a new one. I think I will be following your example and try Lands End.

AngelaS 12-23-2021 06:53 PM

I love LandsEnd suits and have some that are more than ten years old! When we bought a house with a pool I bought myself a couple as well as several for each of my girls. They hold up so well!

sewingsuz 12-23-2021 10:26 PM

Thank everyone for the great messages. I know to rinse and wash my suit. It will last loner.

peaceandjoy 12-26-2021 04:56 PM

I've been wearing Lands End tankini's for at least 15 years. My original reason for buying them was the shorts bottom that they offer. The extra coverage was much more comfortable, even before I needed larger sizes. Just worked a lot better when I was playing with kids on the beach or in a pool. I don't think that any of them wore out in less than 2 or 3 years.

tranum 01-01-2022 01:56 PM

A good suit will cost some money but getting a fit is worth it.
Most mature bodies can’t wear the junk on the rack of a discount store. And I’m not talking about just swim suits either.
i despise trying on clothes in a dressing room but I have to - or it goes back or it’s money waste because I’ll never wear it.

lynnie 01-02-2022 07:25 AM

i needed a new one too, so got one from amazon. we have an indoor pool and an outdoor pool. after watersize in the am 3 days a week, no one really uses the pool.

ladyinpurple135 01-02-2022 08:54 PM

A very nice 2-piece suit! I had to buy one in 2014 when I was visiting my family in York, PA - they were going to Ocean City, MD. I do not swim - anywhere!!! And I hate just sitting either in the sun or under a cover. I’ve had a few scares with oceans, pools, etc. and just can’t go near them. Buying a suit was very traumatic as it was the end of July and most of suits available on short notice we’re not made for my body!!! But found one at Target - haven’t had it in since, and I’m not sure where I put it🥴🥴🥴. We have a very nice pool with acoustic classes at my senior center but I just cannot bring myself to do even that. Water exercises are really good for everyone!!! I didn’t know that Land’s End had suits - I like the style you found.

Sandy in Mooresville, NC