Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   The beautiful state of Montana! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/beautiful-state-montana-t188924.html)

kountrykreation 05-14-2012 06:17 AM

The beautiful state of Montana!

Any Montana residents want to share any 'off the beaten path', gotta see, places (including quilt shops) of your beautiful state? We're heading there later this month, staying a few days in the southern area (Twin Bridges) and a few days closer to Glacier (St. Regis). Thanks for any insight!
Meghan

Phyllis42 05-14-2012 06:57 AM

Search for Montana quilt shops....good list

Jammin' Jane 05-14-2012 10:28 AM

Wish I lived closer! Have fun! :)

DogHouseMom 05-14-2012 10:41 AM

Envious. The area around Glacier and Flathead Lake is one of my favorite places in the world. When I sold a puppy to a home in Kalispell I begged her to take ME instead of the puppy. Alas, she had her heart set on a puppy.

Enjoy the scenery. Don't forget to take the drive along Flathead Lake - breathtaking.

Can't recommend quilty places as I was there before the bug hit me.

momto5 05-14-2012 01:51 PM

Going to the Sun highway in the park is beautiful...lots of stunning scenery! I grew up in Montana, about 60 miles from the park so we went there quite often...but an eye opener came when I hadn't seen it in about five years or so...it took my breath away! I loved going there with my parents because they both knew the history of the roads being built and my Dad did some of the work in the Glacier Park Hotel during the summer. Do watch for bears...they are there and they're plentiful...Quilt shops? Don't know, sorry! But...enjoy!

bourvel 05-15-2012 03:20 AM

I visited Whitefish for a family reunion in 2000, I loved the place, we drove from Calgary and return the opposite way into British Columbia, it's a beautiful place. We enjoyed visiting the village of Whitefish, many cozy stores. I didn't check for any quilting shop as I was not into sewing yet.

Gramma 05-15-2012 03:55 AM

Glacier Park & Flathead are truly beautiful! Seely Lake also is very nice. ALL of Montana is BEAUTIFUL west of the divide. Mountains!!!! We lived there in Helena & Missoula & wish we were back. When are you going? I'll go with you!!!!

JoyjoyMarie 05-15-2012 04:26 AM

Oh the mention of Montana brings up the memories - I learned to drive in snow when I lived in Butte- I did a lot of skiing there too, before kids, in the wonderful powder of the west! I also remade my grandmother's quilt when I lived in Butte -it was falling apart around my ears and this was my first foray into the world of quilting. This was many years ago, though, and I have no fabric shops to mention to you - Sorry!

stitchinwitch 05-15-2012 04:34 AM

Since you obviously will be in the area anyway, you must go to Big Fork. Yes, they have several quilt shops there. The downtown area is very nice with a sculpter that will knock your socks off!The area is full of artists of one kind or another. Have a WONDERFUL trip!

quiltlin 05-15-2012 04:37 AM

If you're going to be near Kalispel, check out the shops there think there are at least three and maybe more. Also think there is one in Whitefish.