Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Belkin Router Help Please! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/belkin-router-help-please-t49675.html)

marsye 06-14-2010 04:31 PM

I have a Belkin wireless router hooked up to my computer so I can use my laptop but its not working right. Its been fine all this time and then I had company Saturday and she couldn't get her laptop connected thru my router so I'm thinking she done something to it. I know she messed with the router for a long time trying to get her laptop to connect. You might say I'm a little p'ed off! Its kinda like when someone messes with your sewing machine! Anyway the connection now just comes and goes constantly and the wired light goes off when the connection goes off. Any ideas???

BKinCO 06-14-2010 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by marsye
I have a Belkin wireless router hooked up to my computer so I can use my laptop but its not working right. Its been fine all this time and then I had company Saturday and she couldn't get her laptop connected thru my router so I'm thinking she done something to it. I know she messed with the router for a long time trying to get her laptop to connect. You might say I'm a little p'ed off! Its kinda like when someone messes with your sewing machine! Anyway the connection now just comes and goes constantly and the wired light goes off when the connection goes off. Any ideas???

Did you restart it??? Unplug everything, wait a minute, then hook everything back up??? Sounds stupid, but that usually fixes my problems.

Rainy Day 06-14-2010 04:46 PM

http://www.techimo.com/forum/mobile-...n-problem.html

try this Maryse, I would hate you not to be online, life would be grey without you )))hugs((((

HeatherQuilts 06-14-2010 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by BKinCO
Did you restart it??? Unplug everything, wait a minute, then hook everything back up??? Sounds stupid, but that usually fixes my problems.

I would try this first. If that doesn't fix the problem, call your cable provider, they should be able to walk you through the steps to fix it.

Maride 06-14-2010 04:52 PM

The last time that this happened I called my provider, and they guided me to use my laptop connected directly to the modem. After that they had no more responsibility. They told me my router was broken. After I hung up, since I knew my service was now good, I connected the router and it worked fine. It's being 6 months since then.

marsye 06-14-2010 05:41 PM

Thanks for the help! I restarted it and hit the reset button and its seems to be ok for now. If you ever come to my house stay away from my computer equipment!!! :lol: :lol:

And my stash!! :lol: :lol:

mrspete 06-14-2010 06:58 PM

Lawww, gf, that's why it's called a personal computer. Once a periphical is hooked up it is part of the personal mode. yanowhatImeannnnnnn, hmm? I know I was generous with mine once and once was enough. I just take the cords off when company come. I'm innocent of wrong, aren't I?

Blessings,
Ruth

marsye 06-14-2010 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by mrspete
Lawww, gf, that's why it's called a personal computer. Once a periphical is hooked up it is part of the personal mode. yanowhatImeannnnnnn, hmm? I know I was generous with mine once and once was enough. I just take the cords off when company come. I'm innocent of wrong, aren't I?

Blessings,
Ruth

:lol: I've got to have that doggy and I want him now!!! Whats your address???? :lol:

mrspete 06-14-2010 07:35 PM

no way (she)

craftybear 06-14-2010 11:10 PM

glad you got it fixed, make a big sign,

Stay off of my computer!!!!

Originally Posted by marsye
Thanks for the help! I restarted it and hit the reset button and its seems to be ok for now. If you ever come to my house stay away from my computer equipment!!! :lol: :lol:

And my stash!! :lol: :lol: