Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Bells Angels and Reindeer!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/bells-angels-reindeer-t84236.html)

Rhonda 12-20-2010 08:48 PM

27 Attachment(s)
Here are pictures of my Christmas collections. I collect Bells and have been given a couple of bells by a really sweet board member and I bought some of the bells that Cute makes! I have a bell or two!!

Then I love angels. I love my Angel choir!

And I love the 50s flocking on the reindeer of that era. I was born in 55 and my mom was an antique collector and dealer so I settled on this collection a long time ago!
I am always adding to it. I find them at junk shops sometimes.

DGS Daymon decorating with the bells
[ATTACH=CONFIG]146253[/ATTACH]

DGS Devon helping his twin
[ATTACH=CONFIG]146254[/ATTACH]

DGS Joey decorated the rest of my collections. He did m ost of the work of getting it all out! He had a blast. He was whistling while he decorated!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]146257[/ATTACH]

I made this angel a few years ago.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]146273[/ATTACH]

These are a few of my sleighs. I didn't get them all out this year.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]146276[/ATTACH]

Vanuatu Jill 12-20-2010 09:06 PM

Wow what a collection! Do you collect only old (antique) bells or also bells from different places?

magpie 12-20-2010 09:14 PM

Super collection and the best part is the grandkids will remember and treasure them always, I bet.

CarrieAnne 12-20-2010 09:22 PM

Great collections! I love those reindeer too!

Rhonda 12-20-2010 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Vanuatu Jill
Wow what a collection! Do you collect only old (antique) bells or also bells from different places?

I like the old especially as my mom says- you can't get those any more. They are hard to find.
But I like bells of all sorts. I have hand crocheted ones my grandma made and some friends have made and I like just about anything if it is a bell. I saved a couple of bells my grandpa had sitting on his kitchen window when we cleaned out his house. One is a cow bell. and some of them are swiss bells.

Vanuatu Jill 12-20-2010 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda

I like the old especially as my mom says- you can't get those any more. They are hard to find.
But I like bells of all sorts. I have hand crocheted ones my grandma made and some friends have made and I like just about anything if it is a bell. I saved a couple of bells my grandpa had sitting on his kitchen window when we cleaned out his house. One is a cow bell. and some of them are swiss bells.

How special-hope those two great boys always have fond memories of decorating with them-just a thought, but you might take a photo of really special ones and give the background of them so all that isn't lost.

amandasgramma 12-20-2010 09:55 PM

COOL!!!

Rhonda 12-20-2010 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda

How special-hope those two great boys always have fond memories of decorating with them-just a thought, but you might take a photo of really special ones and give the background of them so all that isn't lost.

Great suggestion Jill. I will have to do that. I know my mom has stories about all the things she has collected and she is always saying now remember this or that and I know I won't! I keep telling her to write it down.

T-Bones mom 12-20-2010 10:57 PM

What wonderful treasures you have. I also collect angels but have no where near as many as you.

scowlkat 12-21-2010 01:19 AM

Wow, what a collection! Can't imagine having to put all those out and then put them away again!