Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Best Kitty Litter? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/best-kitty-litter-t143386.html)

annthreecats 08-07-2011 12:59 PM

I also use World's Best Cat Litter. It controls odors and it clumps. It's made from dried corn. I've been using it for 6 years. My cats love it.

JulieR 08-07-2011 01:49 PM

The reality is that no matter what litter you buy, eventually your husband will associate its smell with "cat box" and have the same reaction to it he's having now. I know this because it happens to me. :) I associate the smell of baking soda with the cat box now.

Best thing for it is to move the box somewhere your husband doesn't go.

Like Prism99 we use a Litter Locker, which helps a lot. Redkimba and AnnThreeCats, I'm glad to see a review on World's Best Cat Litter - I've been wanting to try it!

Shelbie 08-07-2011 01:55 PM

Thank-you for these recommendations. I've followed the provided link and have found out that World's Best Cat Litter is available in my local Pet Valu store which is about six miles away. I really appreciated your tips and responses. Hopefully both hubby and the cat will approve.

Dolphyngyrl 08-07-2011 02:08 PM

I use jonny cat unscented cat litter, I really like it, just make sure it is the clumping kind and not the thick litter that doesn't clump, Have used many litters, arm and hammer, scoop away,equisite from walmart. Tidy cat. This by far is one of the best, and controls the smell really well to me than the others

aliaslaceygreen 08-07-2011 02:13 PM

Arm and Hammer Multi Cat extra clumping Litter...is the only one I can use now because I have two cats who are unaware of good grooming habits...and they have long hair...this clumps but doesn't dry/harden on their fur between their toes..(yes, it was this much of an issue... silly animals!!)

But I don't notice any scent really

Kas 08-07-2011 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Shelbie
Molly is modeling a dog life jacket for the Muttlife Pet Store in Milton. The picture was taken yesterday after the big dog show where she won Winner's B****.

Congrats to Molly!

wolfkitty 08-07-2011 03:24 PM

I used to use Tidy Cat, and it worked really well. Sometime I would use just plain baking soda in the collection bin to reduce the urine odor. Right now, I use a store brand - Wegman's - and I don't notice a scent at all with it. It seems to control the odor best, and is $2 cheaper than Tidy cat. (And the cat accepts it)

Phannie1 08-07-2011 03:31 PM

We find that the cheap stuff that is just clay litter with baking soda added is cheap. We have two cats and change litter once a week.

BellaBoo 08-07-2011 03:39 PM

The best I've found is Fresh Step with Carbon and Fresh Step Extreme. I use the Extreme when we will be away for a couple of days. Absolutely no litter box smell. I fill the litter box about 3/4 full so the bottom of the box doesn't get any waste contact. The box stays much cleaner and litter doesn't stick to the cat. I use a covered litter box so the litter doesn't get scattered.

QuiltE 08-07-2011 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Shelbie
Molly is modeling a dog life jacket for the Muttlife Pet Store in Milton. The picture was taken yesterday after the big dog show where she won Winner's B****.

A double CONGRATULATIONS are in order for Molly!!!

No doubt she's a Fashionista when on the Red Carpet too ... and will be safe when she goes to the Beach or Lake this summer! :)