Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   The Best Little Chin Hair Post on the Prairie (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/best-little-chin-hair-post-prairie-t151087.html)

Up North 09-07-2011 09:20 AM

Yes I wax at home bout a kit at Walmart you heat the wax in the microwave put it on with a Popsicle stick type thing, let it get hard and rip it off! Ouch but worth it.

MIJul 09-07-2011 09:24 AM

That is an "old wives tale", if that term has not been banned for being politically incorrect. LOL I shave about 3 or 4 times a year and my facial hair has not come back thicker or faster.

Dr. Oz had this on one of his shows and he said that shaving is the best and safest way to eliminate facial hair. Not to mention cheaper.

I figure that I don't have to shave my legs any more so I can shave my face every so often. I guess that once hair stops growing on your legs, it moves up to your face. LOL

running1 09-07-2011 09:28 AM

Linda... you make me laugh!! Thank you!! I'm at LEAST as hairy as you... and yes, the horror of the lighted magnifier... or worse, the magnifier with good sunlight...AAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!

OK Donna (Up North) really??? I've seen the kits... I think I can do this??? can I???

Up North 09-07-2011 09:32 AM

Of course you can do it! It is so much cheaper to do it yourself. Mine is called Surgi Wax and the container lasts a long time. If you can find a lotion for after waxing that also removes the sting. It is quick and easy, no worse than pulling a bandage off a hairy arm!! LOL

May in Jersey 09-07-2011 09:59 AM

I have a large round mirror and 2 tweezers in a little quilted bag hidden between some books in the bookcase that lines a wall that has a window in the center. Right after I finish typing this I will be found in front of that window using the mirror to find and pull out any hairs on my chin. This light works best for white hairs - car's rear view mirror works best for dark hairs, so I repeat the process when I get in the car. Every once in awhile I find a long dark hair or two under my chin on my neck. Seems as if for every 2 hairs that fall from my the top of my head (getting a little thin there) it seems one grows on my chin. My question is. "Why can't sciencists find a way to get those hair cells back into their proper places?"

LindaSeccaspina 09-07-2011 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by I go To The Sea To Breathe
I have never waxed. Is that something you can do at home?

I watched someone wax once. No thank you.:)

LindaSeccaspina 09-07-2011 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by MIJul
That is an "old wives tale", if that term has not been banned for being politically incorrect. LOL I shave about 3 or 4 times a year and my facial hair has not come back thicker or faster.

Dr. Oz had this on one of his shows and he said that shaving is the best and safest way to eliminate facial hair. Not to mention cheaper.

I figure that I don't have to shave my legs any more so I can shave my face every so often. I guess that once hair stops growing on your legs, it moves up to your face. LOL

Dr Oz scares me every darn day. is that where all that hair went??:)

LindaSeccaspina 09-07-2011 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by May in Jersey
I have a large round mirror and 2 tweezers in a little quilted bag hidden between some books in the bookcase that lines a wall that has a window in the center. Right after I finish typing this I will be found in front of that window using the mirror to find and pull out any hairs on my chin. This light works best for white hairs - car's rear view mirror works best for dark hairs, so I repeat the process when I get in the car. Every once in awhile I find a long dark hair or two under my chin on my neck. Seems as if for every 2 hairs that fall from my the top of my head (getting a little thin there) it seems one grows on my chin. My question is. "Why can't sciencists find a way to get those hair cells back into their proper places?"

I am so glad someone is as fastidious as I am..:)

luvstitches 09-07-2011 10:31 AM

Okay...I told my three sisters that if I'm ever in a coma, they better not come visit me crying but instead have a BIC shaver in hand and at least visit every other day.

OHSue 09-07-2011 10:34 AM

I keep tweezers in the car, cause that it the place where I will inevitably notice a chin hair and it will drive me nuts until I get somewhere I can handle it. Also keep a pair in my desk at work, at home in the bathroom and one in my purse.