Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Betty White's show (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/betty-whites-show-t187180.html)

bearisgray 04-26-2012 10:23 AM

I've watched the show - Overall, I expected it be better.

The caveat I have - if young people are watching - will they be willing to help senior citizens when the ask for help?

snipforfun 04-26-2012 05:06 PM

I think the pranks would be funny if it werent for the crudeness and language.

Edie 04-27-2012 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by RobertaMarie (Post 5170315)
I agree. I think it is in bad taste to play some of these "jokes" on unsuspecting people. Betty is a delightful lady, and I think this show demeans her. Just because we are old(er) does not give us the right to be rude!!

I agree. Some of them are cute, but some of them are so gross, so demeaning, so stupid, so unbecoming, and I am not a prude! I will admit, however, the one with the husband wanting the young people to take the picture of his wife and him by the ocean and the young girl says "Aren't they adorable?" and the wife falls off the pier was hilarious!!!! I am not one for double entendres either. Either a statement is good or it's bad. You don't have to make something dirty out of it by being able to take a statement two ways!!!!! Or naked old men running down the street "Take a picture of me!!!" That would never happen!!!!! I don't think! At least I wouldn't want to be there! BAck to my sewing machine! Edie

chatonne40 04-27-2012 04:30 AM

I love this show it is on my recording schedule.

It is refreshing to see older people having fun, playing pranks and have a great laugh instead of seeing the usual depressing old age person walking slowly with their canes, looking like they are just waiting to die.

I love seeing them still enjoying life and have a great time doing it. I sure hope I will be having fun like this....hum I am heading to that age range pretty fast.......

Not offended at all by language or pranks as it is actually REAL life. Old age peaple are not just sitting there being perfect being role models :-) all the time....

The baby boomers are coming to that age.... Remember sex drugs and rocknroll? Peace Love ect....I wonder if they (we) will be like the Betty White show folks or the depressing old age homes folks.

Personnally I want to be in the 1st group :-D Those of you who prefer the 2nd group, check your butts I might be the one making your life a living hell LOLOL

redeagle 04-27-2012 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by snipforfun (Post 5170240)
Betty White is great but this show is really nasty. Sorry to be a prude, but some of the material is really off color. Too bad that at her age and successful career she stoops to this.

I sort of feel the same way.

llamalady 04-27-2012 09:51 AM

I so agree with what has been said. Love Betty White but cannot see the humor in some of the pranks. We don't watch it anymore.

Edie 04-27-2012 11:45 AM

I wrote on this thread early today. I went to my Mom's this morning and my sister was there. The three of us watched , I think it was the third show, and Mom, age 95, sister, age 70 and me, age 73 have unanimously decided that this is the stupidest, crappiest, most demeaning show and is a poor representative of the elderly people!!! It has totally destroyed Mom's good feeling about Betty White, specially mentioning - sorry, I can't even repeat it! So I guess from my neck of the woods, that tells it all! The almighty dollar is more important than a little bit of class. And I have class!!!!! I can think of a lot better ways to leave an impression of the elderly other than being a bunch of dummies. There! My spleen has been vented, I feel a lot better and sorry, Betty White, you are a disgrace! Edie

LogCabinLady 04-27-2012 12:10 PM

I agree with snipforfun, I don't like the show and I think that Betty has become really crude and I don't like watching her anymore. Sorry.

Originally Posted by snipforfun (Post 5170240)
Betty White is great but this show is really nasty. Sorry to be a prude, but some of the material is really off color. Too bad that at her age and successful career she stoops to this.

bmanley 04-27-2012 12:13 PM

I think it's a real cute show. Love Betty White.

gramquilter2 04-27-2012 03:28 PM

I guess I am not one of the prudes because I really enjoyed watching her show.