Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Big Lesson Learned (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/big-lesson-learned-t44727.html)

ranger 05-03-2010 02:40 AM

I'm sorry that this happened to you. I've been there and know how it feels.

CarolinePaj 05-03-2010 02:56 AM

So sorry you were hurt! You are right honesty is always best, but trusting somebody wholeheartedly is wonderful!

Sometime we find the right person with whom we can share everything.... and even if you hurt them, they would never use the things you have shared to hurt you. I know... I am lucky enough to have found one!

Hugs

Caroline

Joeysnana 05-03-2010 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by Maride
Sometimes the problem is that as you get comfortable you start to be open and honest and the smallest thing you say can be turned around and changed into the total opposite. Have you met my In-law family? I thought you were talking about them.

Same here! :|

raptureready 05-03-2010 04:46 AM

We've all been through things like this and it hurts. I'm sorry it happened to you but whatever you do, don't hang onto it. Forgive the person and get on with your life. Hurts are heavy and the weight of carrying them around will eventually drag you down especially if you're carrying multiples. Let it go! If the other person won't allow the rip in the relationship to be mended, then walk away and forget about it knowing that you've done what you could to fix it.

Jingle 05-03-2010 05:54 AM

I try to limit my contact with people, I'm more at ease in my sewing room.

amandasgramma 05-03-2010 06:25 AM

Forgive!!! Many, Many years ago i apparently said something to my dear friend. To this day, I don't know what I said. She hasn't spoken to me in 30 yrs. I feel sad I lost such a good friend....but then, would a friend be a good friend if they don't open up and tell me what I said???? or even QUESTION whether I said it. {{hugs}}to you....hope you have a better day.

Honey 05-03-2010 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
Forgive!!! Many, Many years ago i apparently said something to my dear friend. To this day, I don't know what I said. She hasn't spoken to me in 30 yrs. I feel sad I lost such a good friend....but then, would a friend be a good friend if they don't open up and tell me what I said???? or even QUESTION whether I said it. {{hugs}}to you....hope you have a better day.

The same thing happened to me last year. I have no idea what I did, but that is her problem. It's always a kick in the stomach when someone we trust turns on us. I have found that if I pray for them, it helps me.

ann clare 05-03-2010 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by mamaw
Sometimes a person we care alot about, can hurt us; then turn it around to try and convince us that we did it to them.
I learned to be careful about what I say and do, never let my guard down and get too comfortable with someone, and also to be honest from the start.

So sad, especially when there is no need. Sending you hugs.

Gramof6 05-03-2010 07:27 PM

This just keeps playing across my mind. I really am sorry that this has happened to you & that you are hurt. I sure am. It's happened to me by what I thought were friends. Even though you are hurt & sad, you need to see that they really were not caring of you or your feelings. I hope you will heal and let those that do care, help you to heal and trust again. Try just letting it go & let God help you through it, so that you can move forward. It is apparent that you have a lot of folks here that care deeply for you.

HUGE HUGS

craftybear 06-17-2010 01:01 PM

Hugs Hugs

I understand, my hubby and I helped a lady out about 4 years ago, long story and now she doesn't want to be friends.

Live and learn!

Take care!