Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Bit the bullet - joined Weight Watchers yesterday (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/bit-bullet-joined-weight-watchers-yesterday-t130855.html)

Millstream Mom 06-16-2011 02:39 AM

Just wish that bullet had been dipped in chocolate! MMMMMM-chocolate.....

So they recommend ~5 points for breakfast and mine ended up being 7. Awww crap! 2 pieces of bread+1 egg+ 1tsp diet butter + 1tsp low cal mayo and a coffee ARGGGHH!

Anyone else doing WW points-plus? How can I start my day without feeling like I've screwed up before I'm even out of my pyjamas? :roll:

Laura3 06-16-2011 02:43 AM

Not doing it, but am supporting friends who are...Just don't beat yourself up about it and do the best you can. It will get easier and when you see results you will feel the success. Look forward to lunch and reaching your goal!!

You made the decision and that is the start of the battle!!

Good Luck.....Feel good about your decision to get healthy.

sweet 06-16-2011 02:43 AM

Congrats on joining! I have been thinking about it but that's as far as I go. I'm sure someone will be able to help. Good Luck!

wvhill22 06-16-2011 02:46 AM

I do it..There is no way I can eat just five points for breakfast because I can't do with out my coffee creamer. mine is nine points every morning by the time I eat and coffee. I have around 5 for lunch, fruit in between if I am feeling hungry and then I have the rest for supper and snack at night if I have any points left. If not I always have the fruit. Good luck..keep me posted on how your doing!

dakotamaid 06-16-2011 02:50 AM

The first couple weeks of any diet are hard until your body and stomach adjust. The biggest part is it takes time for your stomach to shrink down and than eating less feels like more.:)

Like some up above said stick to it and add some of your late day points to your breakfast. I too like a big breakfast but can do without a big supper/dinner. When I was loosing weight and felt hungry I went for a walk or did something to keep my hands busy. Quilt!!!

quiltsillysandi 06-16-2011 03:53 AM

I just joined two weeks ago and have lost 8 pounds.......I think the Points Plus program is great as you can eat all the fruit you want, no points...A friend of mine lost 70 pounds on WW's and still maintains to this day...he's given me lots of good info......

For breakfast, I will have one slice of toast, and I use Arnold's Health Multi-Grain Bread (4 grms of fiber in one slice..the more fiber in your food, the less points), one egg, prepared in Olive Oil....Fills me up, and isn't that many points...or I have fruit, which is no points, and a low-fat vanilla yogurt like Dannon Fit & Light....

You just have to learn what foods to eat that gives you, shall we say, "more bang for the buck"...lolol Bottom line, stay within your daily points, and don't forget the bonus points each week, try to get your dairy, health oils, water, ect., included, and you will do fine...

If you need a support buddy, let me know...always good to have others around you that are doing the same thing...Also, I joined online and love their program, makes keeping up with your points so easy.....

Good Luck!

Sandi

quiltsillysandi 06-16-2011 03:54 AM

PS...Don't forget your exercise.....Very important....:)

lallyann 06-16-2011 03:55 AM

I don't do WW but a good tip is to fill up on veggies. Make an omelet with one egg but fill it full of veggies like onions, tomatoes, peppers, and spinich or any others you like. It makes for a bigger meal with not a lot of points. and you get some servings of veggies in :) Good luck!!

Opal Jane 06-16-2011 04:59 AM

The first step is the hardest. You will soon get into a rhythm with your new eating habits. Also don't forget to exercise, start slow but it really does help with losing the pounds.

Grammashel 06-16-2011 05:05 AM

Interesting comments. I lost 30# a few years ago and have gained back 10. So back I go but have been dreading getting started. OK, next Monday.