Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Blizzard!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/blizzard-t95822.html)

amy WI 02-01-2011 11:49 AM

We have been watching the weather and it appears we are now in the Blizzard warning. They are starting to close the schools in the area and some have already closed for tomorrow. I just read that my LQS is even closing for tomorrow. I will be at work tomorrow though. We never close. :( Stay safe everyone! :)

luvTooQuilt 02-01-2011 11:53 AM

Same here.. Its Still coming down hard and steady. Just shy of being a white out but its pretty and I have not place to go that's urgent so I can enjoy it from the inside of my toasty warm house.. (Dang it does look pretty cold out there.. )

Stay safe everyone..

bajmiller 02-01-2011 12:00 PM

Iam located on the southwest corner of Missouri and it is still coming down, we already have about 15 inches since 3:00 this morning. the wind is blowing and it is bitter cold and suppose to get even colder. Time to stay inside.

carolaug 02-01-2011 12:05 PM

I am so bummed...the airlines called and canceled our flight...we were suppose to go visit my son. The flight was Thursday but we were told that we could not get a flight...we tried for Friday. nope and no answers for Sat or Sunday...; ( We just canceled the vet, beach house, cars...I haven't seen him or my daughter in law in 17 months. well...guess i have to wait a few more months. The good news is that he is being restationed in July and will only be hour and half away.

amy WI 02-01-2011 12:05 PM

It hasn't even started here yet.

Pam B 02-01-2011 12:32 PM

DH is to fly to Orlando from Indy early Fri morning. I am already wondering 1)If he will be able to make it to the airport 2)If the flight will be cancelled and 3)what kind of mess I am going to be dealing with at home. If I were not so sick, I would go to my son's (fireplace) or my brother's (generator) for the duration. But, I have such a terrible head/chest thing going that I don't want to pass it along to other people. If I live through this storm, I may actually go to the Dr when it is all over. I have a feeling I have bronchitis. Yuck.

tomilu 02-01-2011 12:39 PM

I know DFW is closed.

JulieM 02-01-2011 12:46 PM

Ugh, we had freezing rain last night and it has been doing that off and on today. DH just got the generater running, he has been working on it all day.

The worst is yet to come. They are talking catestropic conditions....I don't think they know what that means.
Stay safe everyone. JulieM

dianewine 02-01-2011 12:55 PM

:thumbdown: I do not like that. We are trying to find work down in that area, by Branson so we can get away from the cold and snow. I hope it doesn't last long for you.

Dix 02-01-2011 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by dianewine
:thumbdown: I do not like that. We are trying to find work down in that area, by Branson so we can get away from the cold and snow. I hope it doesn't last long for you.

My daughter lives between Branson and Springfield and they are getting it bad there! We have 10-12 inches and it is going right up the turn pike to them. Think twice before you move to the hills and storms of Branson.