Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   The blues have receeded! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/blues-have-receeded-t125562.html)

oldbalt99 05-24-2011 10:50 PM

I have always need two projects, one upstairs, I do hand work from midnight to seven am. Can't sleep might as well do something constructive. Last month I finished my crochet lap throw and had this idea to start a labor intensive and two year needlepoint project where I would make the blocks on the canvas, from a quilt pattern and then sew them together by machine. Sounded good until I went in search for blank needlepoint canvas. Its been a few decades since I've brought canvas and the prices have kept pace with the times. Following my mothers advice to get all your material at one time, I began to put money from my mad money aside for the project. That still left me with no up stairs project. I settled on my personal two sheet thick summer coverlet that has sixties and seventies smily faces, peace signs, and butter fly strips on it ends, with a mass of emptiness in between. I'm embroidering large colorful smily faces hearts and star squares on it.
Last night my grand nieces friend, asked if I would make her a baby quilt. We did all the what do you want what size? She was looking for anything but pink and blue. I presented her the yellow and mint green bolts and a quilt pattern from my every growing binder. She loved them both. When it came to size I showed her my crochet lap quilt which was crib size. She jumped for joy and ordered one, in emerald green and royal blue! I let her look through my quilt profolio, and she saw the picture of the white leopard in the jungle needlpoint, I completed over thirty years ago, and asked how much that cost. 25.00. If she keeps her word even though she will have to have it framed herself, I will have made a sale that will pay for the yarn for her youth bed size crochet throw. She accepted my prices for both quilts which is seperate from the needlepoind sale. I will soon have an upstairs project I can look forward to finishing. I'm in the best of moods.

BETTY62 05-24-2011 11:11 PM

Glad to hear things are looking up for you. May this be the 1st of many future sales.

Airwick156 05-25-2011 12:58 AM

Good for you. I hope that you show us pictures of them before you give them to her. Maybe she will show her friends and they will order something from you wouldn't that be so nice. :) Have loads of fun.

SueDor 05-25-2011 01:47 AM

Have fun!

sewcrafty 05-25-2011 02:06 AM

Sounds like you had a wonderful day!!!

CarrieAnne 05-25-2011 04:23 AM

Happy for you!

sueisallaboutquilts 05-25-2011 04:51 AM

Wonderful!!! Thanks for sharing with us :)

saf 05-25-2011 07:16 AM

Well done. And giving someone else pleasure too! :thumbup: