Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Board Member Tricks and Shortcuts to using the QB!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/board-member-tricks-shortcuts-using-qb-t221613.html)

buslady 05-16-2013 07:37 AM

Board Member Tricks and Shortcuts to using the QB!!

I thought maybe there are other "tricks" and "shortcuts" that others have discovered that might be useful to others. If you do have something, Please Share!!

When you find a thread you like and want to follow it, there is an easy way that i have found to follow without searching each time. Many may know this, but I discovered it after using the OLD method (hunt and peck) for quite a while; I have found that there are a lot that have not discovered it. This is for them. LOL Once you find the thread you want to follow, look at that button at the top of the page near the page numbers and links to move in them, there is a button called "thread tools", choose that and choose "subscribe to thread", once you do that, you can find that thread and it is easier to follow if you go to the bar above the previous one, on my screen it is teal in color, ther is a button called "quick links" and if you choose that a list will appear of all the threads you have subscribed to. If there is anything new since your last visit it will show up in bold print. Choose that link and it will take you to the first page. Look at the space just above the first post and see a link called "view first unread". It is magic.!! I hope this helps you!! Have fun, and keep in touch. Onalee

alleyoop1 05-16-2013 08:28 AM

Thanks for the tip!

SavedByGrace 05-16-2013 08:32 AM

What does it mean when it says "through my control panel" in the section where you have to choose how to be notified of new replies to your subscribed threads? What control panel??

Girlfriend 05-16-2013 09:31 AM

The old board used to automatically subscribe you to a thread if you posted a comment. Not so with this new board. You have to go in and change the setting under "Default Thread Subscription Mode". (It's under Settings).

buslady 05-16-2013 10:55 AM

It has to do with how you are notified when someone posts. I leave it at the default and I don't get an email every time someone posts. I don't like to, I look all the time and all that mail just jams up the important stuff in my email. LOL

QuiltnNan 05-16-2013 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Girlfriend (Post 6067434)
The old board used to automatically subscribe you to a thread if you posted a comment. Not so with this new board. You have to go in and change the setting under "Default Thread Subscription Mode". (It's under Settings).

if you go to settings/general settings, you can choose whether to be automatically subscribed. in fact, it's a good idea to visit that page to see all of the different choices you have to customize your experience on the QB.

ranger 05-16-2013 11:46 AM

I asked this question today and got an answer. It's a nice thing to know.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help...s-t221597.html

BellaBoo 05-16-2013 01:54 PM

When there is a post I want to keep track of or refer back to I reply to it. Then all I have to do is go to profile and select find latest posts.

Krystyna 05-17-2013 04:18 AM

I like to subscribe to everything Buslady posts. How can I do that? :p

BertieD 05-17-2013 06:25 AM

To include a Photo with a Quick Reply, click on the 3rd icon from right side of bar above where you type a reply. If you just hover over it, it will say "Insert Image". Click on it. Box comes up INSERT IMAGE from either "From Computer or From URL" . You probably want to click on "From Computer" and then "Choose File" as that is where your pictures are stored. Look up at top of screen in the URL bar and if that doesn't say where your pictures are, then look to left side and click on "Pictures" or whatever your pictures are stored under. Select file, Upload it, and Voila! Clear as mud, right. Step by step, it will work, unless your computer is more contrary than mine!

Here ya go, Buslady