Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Book Club Question (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/book-club-question-t260155.html)

Fliz 01-23-2015 09:21 AM

Book Club Question

I recently joined a Book Club and thought it might be a cute idea to make a "book club bag" for all to carry our items to the meeting. First....does that sound too "out of date" and second where is the best place to find fabric with a "book" theme? Thanks for your help and suggestions!!!

Jeanne S 01-23-2015 11:48 AM

That would be a wonderful gift! In my book club, some buy hardbacks and some paperbacks, but a larger number are now only buying the books electronically to read on a Kindle or iPad, so don't carry books at all! Not sure what your members do. But as for book theme fabrics, I have seen several around, and bought some from The Fat Quarter Shop and Fabric.com. Just google "book fabric" and I think you will find many.

nativetexan 01-23-2015 12:19 PM

I may have a kindle but prefer "real" books and a book bag sounds great. I also have a fabric cover for paperbacks. sometimes JoAnn's fabrics has book theme fabric.

Jeanne S 01-23-2015 04:23 PM

Just looked at my stash and my favorite book theme fabric is by Timeless Treasures called "Packed Books" and they have it and others at www.fabric.com.

DOTTYMO 01-25-2015 02:05 AM

a book bag could be used to carry any book or kindle base. Only problem I can see on size is if some use laptops as the size wouldbe various.
I would make the bag big enough for a thick hard back and use any fabric not. Specifically related two books.

big flowers would look great.

Edie 01-25-2015 04:03 AM

I am one of the rare old birds that don't read books.......I listen to them. But I don't know if other cities/states have what (St. Paul, Minnesota) we have and they are growing by leaps and bounds, like one or two on a block. WE have little houses in our property on a post and people put in their already read books and someone else can come and take a book or two and when they are done they can put it into another book "house". These houses are just adorable. I don't know if they are available to buy (they are on a 3-1/2-4 foot post and pounded into the ground, or if these people just make them. They are really cute. That way it's an all around share, books are changing all the time. Would be nice if they had them for audio books! Back to your book bag - I think it is a fantabulous idea. My sister belongs to a book club and has for many years and loves it. She has a book bag too. I have a book bag - it is plastic and says "I heart my Library". Hasn't worn out, but perhaps I can make me one to fit the audiobooks.

Have a good day. Edie

caspharm 01-25-2015 04:25 PM

I like that idea! Definitely make it for a hardcover in order to handle the weight - not just the book or ereader, but maybe a pocket for a bottle of water or snack as well.