Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Bottle cap magnets (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/bottle-cap-magnets-t77527.html)

hperttula123 11-20-2010 06:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
What do you guys think of these. I made these with my kiddos last night. We all had a blast. I'm thinking it's a cute small thing for the craft show I decided now I want to go to(a month ago I told the lady that I'm not doing any crafts shows this year...lol...I changed my mind). They would be a cheap item and I need more of those.

kriscraft99 11-20-2010 06:36 AM

oh those are great! they would make wonderful Christmas gifts for my 10 year old daughter to give to her class mates. Do you mind sharing how you made them??

Kris

seamstome 11-20-2010 06:38 AM

They are making them into necklaces too around here.

grammyp 11-20-2010 06:39 AM

How cute, they should sell like hotcakes.

kriscraft99 11-20-2010 06:44 AM

Do you know how they do that?

Originally Posted by seamstome

hperttula123 11-20-2010 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by kriscraft99
oh those are great! they would make wonderful Christmas gifts for my 10 year old daughter to give to her class mates. Do you mind sharing how you made them??

Kris

I bought all the stuff from a lady on etsy (do a seller search for Karenscraftsupplies. She seemed to have the best prices on everything. I got the flattened bottlecaps, epoxy stickers(they are non yellowing, which is a must), 3d crystal lacquer, neodymium powerful magnets(I'm in wow at how small they are and strong), and e6000 adhesive. I just used a 1 inch circle punch to punch out the paper, used a little 3d crystal lacquer to adhear it to the bottle cap, put the epoxy sticker over the top. I let them dry for a while and used the e6000 to attatch the magnets to the backs.
It was super fun and easy. I made a few that have pictures of us in them, I used scrapbooking paper, and stickers.
The 3d crystal lacquer can be used on the top also.

hperttula123 11-20-2010 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by grammyp
How cute, they should sell like hotcakes.

I sure hope so. We made 100 of them. I couldn't belive how quick it went, so I ordered stuff to make 200 more of them. I thought I'd save a little money and just use what I had already, I didn't want to start buying images to print myself. There are way to many to choose from and I'd have to buy to many. I scrapbook to and already have TONS of paper and stickers and everything, so I just used that.

kriscraft99 11-20-2010 07:02 AM

thank you so much for the information :)

These are wonderful :)

sueisallaboutquilts 11-20-2010 07:04 AM

I think they are really cute and love to see projects kids can make :D
I bet they sell like hotcakes!!

hperttula123 11-20-2010 07:22 AM

[quote=kriscraft99]Do you know how they do that?

Originally Posted by seamstome

[/quote

I did some searching last night and some people drill holes in then and and little metal hangers(not sure what they are called) and others are putting metal washers on necklaces and just sticking the magnet to it. I like the washer idea, because you can swap the magnet up to match whatever your wearing.