Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Bought myself a Pity Present! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/bought-myself-pity-present-t229090.html)

DJRustic 08-31-2013 04:43 AM

Well, I think I need a big special gift. I have had 4 surgeries in the last yr and am getting ready for #5 in Oct & 6 in Nov. Now what kind of surprise do you all think I should get for my self. LOL

Jeannette51 08-31-2013 05:11 AM

I love it, "a pity present". You deserve it. Wishing you a very speedy recovery so you can enjoy your "pity present".

tessagin 08-31-2013 05:15 AM

I wouldn't call it a pity present. It's called a Get Well gift. Enjoy. I'm sure this will help with your recovery.

retiredteacher09 08-31-2013 05:31 AM

I bought this same Singer from my local Joanne's several months ago. I love it! I will be taking the first of two classes for it on the 3rd. I love the walking foot and have used a decorative stitch and the zipper foot. After my two classes, I will know how to use all of the feet.

Sorry to hear about your hospital stay.

Enjoy the machine.

Connie

NUBQ 08-31-2013 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by Hartllk (Post 6265380)
I bought that machine from Amazon a year or so ago. It's a great little machine for the money. I have really enjoyed using it. Have fun!

So glad to hear positive comments.!!thanks

NUBQ 08-31-2013 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by Painiacs (Post 6265186)
Hope your doing ok now and recovering nicely! Let us know what you think of your- I spent 2 nights in a hospital and this is what I got before the bills give me heart palpatations gift! :-)

You are so right about that!! funny girl..

NUBQ 08-31-2013 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by donnai (Post 6265393)
I just ordered this machine last night. Like you I am hoping I don't get a lemon. I got the one with the 5 year extended warenty

OH that was smart! I didn't see that offered...

NUBQ 08-31-2013 06:16 AM

Thank you all for your great comments...Feeling just fine now!!! berni

NUBQ 08-31-2013 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 (Post 6265642)
I bought this same Singer from my local Joanne's several months ago. I love it! I will be taking the first of two classes for it on the 3rd. I love the walking foot and have used a decorative stitch and the zipper foot. After my two classes, I will know how to use all of the feet.

Sorry to hear about your hospital stay.

Enjoy the machine.

Connie

Hi Connie, I watched a few video demo's from a blogger on this machine, I think it will have a learning curve for me, but looks like fun.. Thanks berni

NUBQ 08-31-2013 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by DJRustic (Post 6265531)
Well, I think I need a big special gift. I have had 4 surgeries in the last yr and am getting ready for #5 in Oct & 6 in Nov. Now what kind of surprise do you all think I should get for my self. LOL

AWW, Those danged surgeries are no fun .....You definitely need a really neat surprise.. Think on it, and get it..Best to you and future surgeries..berni