Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Bounce Pressing Spray Surprise ! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/bounce-pressing-spray-surprise-t225336.html)

auntpiggylpn 07-07-2013 12:26 PM

Bounce Pressing Spray Surprise !

1 Attachment(s)
I love the Bounce Pressing Spray, especially when I am quilting. My other half works for Meijer, which is a Michigan based box store similar to Walmart but with better quality stuff. While at work last night, my sweetie noticed that the Bounce Pressing Spray was not going to be stocked any more by the store. (I have not been able to find it at any other store in my city). Inventories were checked for the 2 Meijer stores in our city (none in stock) and then the stores in the closest cities. A store an hour away from us had some in stock.

Not telling me any of this, I was told that Toby, who is our 14 yo Pomeranian, needed to make a road trip and that they would be back in a couple of hours. I was not allowed to ask any questions! 2 1/2 hours later, I was told to come into the laundry room. Of course, I thought it would be a laundry question. When I entered the laundry room, this is what I found: 18 bottles of Bounce Pressing Spray!

Guess I will keep both of them!

0tis 07-07-2013 12:30 PM

I love your story - its nice to have a good stock - kind of like a fabric stash. It always seems that when we find something we like - the company will change it or discontinue it. I don't particularly like the Bounce spray myself only because of the scent - as I get older my nose gets pickier (no pun intended) and I can't tolerate certain smells - gives me a migraine - it really sucks because I can't even use perfume anymore (Boo hoo)...Just wanted to say that was a very nice thing that your family did for you - I would say they are keepers.

Tartan 07-07-2013 12:44 PM

Bounce ironing spray works great. Congratulations on your stock pile! I an holding out hope that someday they will make it unscented.

nativetexan 07-07-2013 12:45 PM

well lucky you!! I have yet to find any.

auntpiggylpn 07-07-2013 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 6164730)
Bounce ironing spray works great. Congratulations on your stock pile! I an holding out hope that someday they will make it unscented.

It appears that the makers may be discontinuing it all together. . .

yngldy 07-07-2013 01:14 PM

I have yet to find it in CA. I contacted the manufacturer online the latter part of last year and they told it was discontinued. Then I read posts that it still can be bought on the east coast. Maybe they are getting rid of the stock by selling it in the east and not on the west coast? We can't get the same stuff here as the east coast. Had to have my grocery store special order yellow rice for me for the longest time. Now, 33 years later, they stock it. Took them long enough! I know Hellman's and Best Foods are the same product, just different names. Something to do with east/west laws?

carolaug 07-07-2013 01:21 PM

I had yet to seen it in the stores.

suern3 07-07-2013 01:54 PM

What a sweet thing for him to do for you!

NikkiLu 07-07-2013 03:05 PM

FYI - you may have to shake up the bottles once in awhile so that the contents do not settle as it may take you a long time to use it all up.

auntpiggylpn 07-07-2013 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by NikkiLu (Post 6164928)
FYI - you may have to shake up the bottles once in awhile so that the contents do not settle as it may take you a long time to use it all up.

Thanks for the hint! I'll be sure to do that. It's not like I don't spend anytime in the laundry room! :p