Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Boy do I feel old!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/boy-do-i-feel-old-t43491.html)

janRN 04-24-2010 04:33 AM

ggquilter: I haven't lied about my son's age but the other day I noticed he has some gray in his hair (he's 39). I told him to color it FAST because it made me feel really old. After all, I don't have any gray hair--that shows LOL thank you Clairol.

Rainy Day 04-24-2010 05:01 AM

I get clients and I can remember what I was doing on the day they were born!

nursie76 04-24-2010 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by Rainy Day
I get clients and I can remember what I was doing on the day they were born!

I hear ya!!!!!!!! 8-)

craftybear 04-24-2010 06:38 AM

yes, we are all getting older and time sure flies by fast

mjsylvstr 04-24-2010 06:40 AM

Ladies and gents..........

aren't we only as old as we feel?

and some days, forget it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rhonda 04-24-2010 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Moppet
yep I feel old when I think of how old my kids are. especially the oldest. he is 32. exactly 19 yrs younger than me. yikes. my daughter is 30 and the youngest is 24. really makes me feel like time has slipped away as it seems like only yesterday they were babies.

had my first grandbaby at 44.

My youngest turned 32 last Thurs. My oldest is 34 and the middle one is 33. So they are 32 33 and 34 until Oct. The oldest 2 both have BDs then. I will be 55 in Sept. But I am still 40 something. I don't think about my age too much. I am what I am. Age is a relative thing really. It doesn't define you..My mom is 77 and mows her yard and mine when I don't have time to run the rider.She can't run the rider so she uses a push mower. She is amazing at yard work! She has more energy than I do!

adrianlee 04-24-2010 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by janRN
ggquilter: I haven't lied about my son's age but the other day I noticed he has some gray in his hair (he's 39). I told him to color it FAST because it made me feel really old. After all, I don't have any gray hair--that shows LOL thank you Clairol.

Oh, I was looking at my son't hair when I last visit with him. He has gray too starting at his temples. My baby is getting old, he even smile wrinkles starting at his eyes. I guess I think of him as being the little boy. My neighbor who is 102 talks about her son, "my boy Gary" and he is 69.

rainbowquilt 04-24-2010 06:16 PM

I turned 55 in January! and i have been a Nana for 10 years and 11 and a half grandkids later! I love it!

Sherri :)

craftybear 04-24-2010 10:28 PM

ha ha

Originally Posted by mjsylvstr
Ladies and gents..........

aren't we only as old as we feel?

and some days, forget it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zz-pd 04-25-2010 01:40 AM

yep, age never bothered me, until my oldest sons birthday that is coming up quit fast. he will be 29. ya I am getting older. God Bless. Penny