Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   boy was i ever ripped off! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/boy-i-ever-ripped-off-t52979.html)

quiltin mimi 07-10-2010 03:12 PM

I agree....I have found my very favorite online stores this way. This month I have only 52 more bunnies to find before I've gone to every store. www.fabshophop.com

Originally Posted by gzuslivz
Maybe because there aren't many other quilt stores to shop at, they have forgotten that the customer is always right. If a mistake is made, it should be remedied in the customer's favor every time. If you go the fabshophop.com on line you can find a list of over 150 quilt store online. I have done business with some and have only had good experiences. I have done the online shop hop and won $10 gift certificates twice.

fancifrock 07-10-2010 03:54 PM

Thanks for the info. I am going to logon right now as I was unaware of this info.

garysgal 07-10-2010 07:07 PM

I tried the shop hop after not doing it for awhile and I won a $10 gift certificate. I bought some charm packs and the owner was so nice. I like shopping online as well and you can do it in you jammies.

quiltin mimi 07-11-2010 06:14 AM

Let us know how you like it. I go through and find all the bunnies, marking my favorites along the way, and then I go back and look at the ones that intrigued me. There are some very unique shops that I would never have found any other way.

Originally Posted by fancifrock
Thanks for the info. I am going to logon right now as I was unaware of this info.

MI Applique Queen 07-11-2010 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by gzuslivz
Maybe because there aren't many other quilt stores to shop at, they have forgotten that the customer is always right. If a mistake is made, it should be remedied in the customer's favor every time. If you go the fabshophop.com on line you can find a list of over 150 quilt store online. I have done business with some and have only had good experiences. I have done the online shop hop and won $10 gift certificates twice.

I've never had a problem when shopping on line either. They are always helpful, patient and kind.

mimiknoxtaylor 07-13-2010 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by craftybear
sorry to hear about your bad experience, please follow thru with phone calls to talk to the owner, sounds like the help is keeping the difference for themselves

also report that store to the better business bureau

good luck and keep us posted

I agree with Craftybear and others about the BBB. Also it wouldn't hurt to post where the shop is-(No names Please-that could lead to trouble). But my son-in-law is in Iraq with the Army & they had a lemon of a computer printer. One soldier contacted HP & they wouldn't make good, so he took his AK47, had another soldier video & then blasted the thing as he told about his run around with HP. He posted it on Facebook & Youtube. Bet HP wishes they would have been more helpful

JoanneS 07-13-2010 07:47 PM

[quote=quiltin mimi]Let us know how you like it. I go through and find all the bunnies, marking my favorites along the way, and then I go back and look at the ones that intrigued me. There are some very unique shops that I would never have found any other way.

I agree about the FabShopHop, It's a great way to find on-line shops with stuff I like! I bookmark as I look for Bunnies. And sometimes I buy! especially panels for baby quilts. If I don't buy it when I see it, I never see it again!