Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Bunny Slippers....New Glasses....Lace Up Boots (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/bunny-slippers-new-glasses-lace-up-boots-t190498.html)

Jazzmyn 05-31-2012 04:29 PM

Bunny Slippers....New Glasses....Lace Up Boots

5 Attachment(s)
Last week I posted pics of PJ's & Robe and and outfit I had made for the American Girl/Next Generation dolls and today I got in the Bunny Slippers to go with the PJ's & Robe and the Glasses and Black lace up Boots so I wanted you to see what they looked like. The black boots are little hard to see.

Aren't the Bunny Slippers the cutest? Love them....it is going to be hard for me to let them go so I will have to order some for my doll.

I did order these from Newark Dressmaker supply or Homesew.

Thanks for looking.

erstan947 05-31-2012 04:53 PM

Over the top cute. Does a 65 year old woman dare order a doll for herself....?

Jazzmyn 05-31-2012 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by erstan947 (Post 5256857)
Over the top cute. Does a 65 year old woman dare order a doll for herself....?

Well I am almost 62.....so I say GO for it!!

I actually bought the Next Generation doll at Target last month for 16.99 so I would have a doll to try clothes on as I made them for the granddaughter's dolls she lives out of town and I can't try them on her dolls. The clothes have turned out cute and now the shoes and glasses they may never get to the granddaughter. HA!!

My husband caught me taking pictures of the doll shoes this afternoon and says "are you having fun playing with your doll"? Of course I said Yes.

Nanamoms 05-31-2012 05:31 PM

Shoot, I play with my DGD's AG doll every time I go there!! We're still "girls", aren't we???? LOL

Love the bunny slippers and boots!

Sew N Tune 06-01-2012 06:13 AM

Those bunny slippers are adorable. And I say if you want to play with your doll, play with her.

burchquilts 06-01-2012 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzmyn (Post 5256892)
Well I am almost 62.....so I say GO for it!!

I actually bought the Next Generation doll at Target last month for 16.99 so I would have a doll to try clothes on as I made them for the granddaughter's dolls she lives out of town and I can't try them on her dolls. The clothes have turned out cute and now the shoes and glasses they may never get to the granddaughter. HA!!

My husband caught me taking pictures of the doll shoes this afternoon and says "are you having fun playing with your doll"? Of course I said Yes.

Hey, I'm 56 & I'm still all about dolls! I love my new Terri Lee! And I want an American Girl doll (Molly -- it'sall about the braids & the glasses!) more than life itself. Are the Target versions nice? I'd like to have one just to make cute clothes for (Terri lee wears a different size).

Jazzmyn 06-01-2012 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by burchquilts (Post 5259167)
Hey, I'm 56 & I'm still all about dolls! I love my new Terri Lee! And I want an American Girl doll (Molly -- it'sall about the braids & the glasses!) more than life itself. Are the Target versions nice? I'd like to have one just to make cute clothes for (Terri lee wears a different size).

Hi Rebecca,

My doll in the pictures is the Next Generation from Target, I have nothing to compare her to as I have not held the American Girls Dolls just seen them in pictures. Target has several NG that are different prices, I got mine on sale for 16.99 regular 22.99 and they had some for 30.00 and 40.00, they had different hair colors and faces. Mine is not as dark as the picture shows my camera wasn't working to good (or it was probably me). I just needed a doll to make some clothes for, besides I can't afford the AG dolls.

maryellen2u 06-02-2012 04:03 AM

How cute! Nice esembles and the bunny slippers are too much! Lucky grand-daughter.

AZ Jane 06-02-2012 06:34 AM

Oh my, I had to google American Doll to check but $105 for a doll?? Take me to Target!!

carolynjo 06-02-2012 06:53 AM

I love sewing for AG dolls! I made matching Victorian gowns for 3 GD's and their AG dolls. I told them to never get rid of either as they were a lot of trouble to make, but beautiful when finished.