Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Can somebody help me with windows 8? Can't find print (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/can-somebody-help-me-windows-8-cant-find-print-t234511.html)

Pat G 11-11-2013 10:48 AM

Can somebody help me with windows 8? Can't find print

I recently bought a new laptop that has Windows 8. It's so different from Windows 7 that I'm lost. I tried to print pictures & patterns but cannot find the print option anywhere. Can't just R click to find it now. Can any of you help me please? Wish they'd stop changing these things so often. Thanks, Pat

charsuewilson 11-11-2013 10:50 AM

Does CTRL-P still work?

There should be a print option in your photo viewing/storage program. Programs still work the same way they always did.

nena 11-11-2013 11:03 AM

Go up in the right hand corner of your screen and have your arrow in the corner. A list will pop up down the right side of your screen.( Devices ) I think will be there ck on it and it should have your printer there. HTH

QKO 11-11-2013 11:07 AM

Click on the big icon marked Desktop. That'll take you to the screen where everything looks and works like Windows 7.

Gramie bj 11-11-2013 11:23 AM

I also have windows 8 and HATE it!! Everything I want to do I have to go into programs, device, or setting, all I wanted to do was save on my flash drive and had to call windows 8 support 1-800-642-7676. Anyone know how to get 8 off my new laptop and put 7 on it?

Prism99 11-11-2013 11:52 AM

I have Windows 8 on a pc and my right click gives me an option to print. I do always work from the Desktop icon. Oh, and I use Chrome as my browser; maybe that makes a difference. Try downloading Google Chrome. It's really easy (or I wouldn't have been able to do it! :) )

barri1 11-11-2013 05:29 PM

I have windows 8, and found the Control P works well.. I have a problem with posting pictures from Windows 8.. It has a photo editing program, and I resized the pictures, and it still doesn't work..

Pat G 11-11-2013 06:17 PM

Thanks for help with windows 8

Originally Posted by Gramie bj (Post 6399255)
I also have windows 8 and HATE it!! Everything I want to do I have to go into programs, device, or setting, all I wanted to do was save on my flash drive and had to call windows 8 support 1-800-642-7676. Anyone know how to get 8 off my new laptop and put 7 on it?

Sounds like you're farther ahead than I am. I can't even find all of that. Thanks to all of you with help with Windows 8. Everybody I've talked to so far hate 8 but I think it's because it's new. I read somewhere a little bit ago that you can download Windows 7 free on your 8 so maybe you can try that. Of course, I have no idea where I found it. I also didn't know that doing "control p" takes me to print. I knew some of you could help with my problem. I wrote down the 1-800 # just in case. Can't find anything on this darn 8. Thanks again so very much. Pat

Prism99 11-11-2013 06:25 PM

It helps a lot if you can have someone show you a few things on Window 8. I would have been completely lost without my dh. Now I'm pretty much used to it.

Pat G 11-11-2013 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by barri1 (Post 6399817)
I have windows 8, and found the Control P works well.. I have a problem with posting pictures from Windows 8.. It has a photo editing program, and I resized the pictures, and it still doesn't work..

I don't understand why they have to chg. every little feature in the world with ea. new system. Just to drive us crazy I guess. It sure does that. I didn't even bother to learn a lot about Windows 7. Now they chgd. it again.