Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Can you believe the nerve of some people?????? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/can-you-believe-nerve-some-people-t57575.html)

quiltilicious 08-03-2010 05:16 AM

that happened to me at a beach in New York (I think Staten Island - it was a WHILE ago). They took everything that wasn't nailed down - including all my camera and belly dancing tapes (that were basically irreplaceable and worthless to anyone else).

reach for the stars 2 08-03-2010 06:43 AM

It is terrible so people are so cruel and devious. I have had identy theft more times than you can count on all your fingers. Robbers!

Gramof6 08-03-2010 07:35 AM

I am so sorry about this. We are not safe anymore, anywhere. Years ago, my DS had his car broken into by window bashing, 3 times in 2 years. Each time they took stereo, CD's, change, anything they could get. Finally we put in a Security Camera system & we never had another problem. Neighbors around us have, but not us. LOL Best money we have ever spent. I can sit inside and watch 9 cameras surrounding the house on a flat screen monitor. Love it!

Candace 08-03-2010 07:43 AM

What goes around comes around. I'm sure about that! Eventually they'll get their just deserves.

sharon b 08-03-2010 09:15 AM

So sorry you had to deal with this . The one time my car for broke into they only took the stereo and then relocked the car when they were done :shock: Yes the car was locked before they got in an dafter :roll:

Tcharlie 08-03-2010 09:21 AM

Tapes can show up on the internet.......

Ditter43 08-03-2010 09:23 AM

Since all that was taken was two dollars, I would bet it was kids.....That is so sad, not just for your son, but for our society.
I remember when our DS got his first car. It was just an old rattletrap, what he could afford. He started working full time the summer he turned 16, saving for a car. He had it less then a week when it was stolen. He got it back, but it really broke his heart.
Times have sure changed.... :-(

kwiltkrazy 08-03-2010 12:51 PM

I agree, people seem to only think in the moment, and about themselves. I know my boys think about others, they have had to all their lives, being raised by a severely handicapped father. They have grown up very caring, and I see it in them all the time, holding doors, helping people to do things, I know when they were younger and we lived in a older community, they were always helping the neighbors with little things. One of the funniest things that happened was, our neighbor catty cornered from us had a stroke and was no longer able to brush her dogs hair, and my youngest volunteered to do it,well she also had an African Gray, and it picked up on Kyrk's voice, and Kyrk always said come here Honey to the dog and she would come a runnung all excited that she was getting brushed, the bird mimicked him so well. that the dog would get excited but couldn't find Kyrk. It was really funny to see this.

littlehud 08-03-2010 07:46 PM

It's so sad to hear about something like this. Some people just seem to think they can take anything and not have to work for it. Just makes me so mad.

Annaquilts 08-03-2010 07:49 PM

No fun! We had that happen and a car parked next to us along a main freeway. They did take my husbands PDA/phone but from the car next to us all they took was the ladies left over lunch! We ended up paying out of pocket to fix. :cry: