Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Can you be "too" organized?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/can-you-too-organized-t205921.html)

Nanamoms 11-13-2012 06:14 PM

Can you be "too" organized??

I have really been working on sorting my fabric and labeling the totes. So in doing this, I held out the fabric that I needed for immediate projects...so far so good...until I went looking for the Christmas fabric that I just purchased from a board member. Fabric was to make Christmas ornaments and I wanted to get them cut apart before the grandchiildren came...yes, you guessed it...I can't find that particular piece anywhere!!!!!

UGHHHHHHHHH!! So Frustrating!

jhoward 11-13-2012 06:39 PM

It's in a "safe" place, it will probably show up after Christmas....ask me how I "know".

Stitchit123 11-14-2012 01:52 AM

YES but I can usually narrow it down to -it is either in the house or the car or the shed. : ) oh never try to retrace your steps every time I've done this it ends up un-doing all my hard work which just has to be re-sorted again : (

Tartan 11-14-2012 05:45 AM

If you sorted by colour, look in the section that has the predominate colour of your Christmas fabric. I usually store my Christmas fabrics together in their own section. The last time I really cleaned my sewing room, I put everything neatly away. This whole year I have been pawing through different totes as I hunt for things. Yes, you can be too organized!!!

wolph33 11-14-2012 08:28 AM

lol,every time I reorganize I have that problem-I know where it was but not where it is now.

roguequilter 11-14-2012 09:12 AM

[QUOTE=Stitchit123;5655611]YES but I can usually narrow it down to -it is either in the house or the car or the shed. : ) oh never try to retrace your steps every time I've done this it ends up un-doing all my hard work which just has to be re-sorted again : ([/QUOTE

lollol!! oh how soooooo true! i even tried making inventory lists of seasonal or unusual, unique, whatever and tapeing it to shelf area where stored...it fell off, got covered up, anything that could happen to that list did. agree w all the above...it is in the car/shop/garage/closets and it WILL turn up after christmas! lol

newbee3 11-14-2012 10:07 AM

you can spend a lot of time in organizing but I would prefer to spend that time using up the fabric then there is no need to organize.

Jingle 11-14-2012 11:42 AM

You probably picked it up with another stack, probably on the bottom. I have my fabrics stacked in 3 tall stacks on one shelf. This past weekend I took them out to see what I mght find and found a perfect piece to go with another piece I had picked out. I must do that more often to get perfect matches.

Nanamoms 11-16-2012 10:35 PM

YEAH!!!! What was lost, has been found! All the time, it was in the stack of Christmas fabric which I had gone thru at least 3-4 times! Ugggghhhh!! But at least it was found before NEXT Christmas!!