Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Canadian buyers (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/canadian-buyers-t145769.html)

alwaysdreaming 08-17-2011 06:50 AM

Just a question to sellers on the board. Why do some sellers put "only ship to US addresses"? I saw a pattern the other day that I would have bought, but I'm from Canada.I respect their decision, and I know that it costs more to ship to Canada, but I would have willingly paid the extra cost.
Just wondering.................

Nana2Sew 08-17-2011 06:54 AM

I have the same question!

huntannette 08-17-2011 06:54 AM

actually it is not a lot more....and we Canadians are always willing to pay the extra.....can`t understand either...curious to know as well

Candace 08-17-2011 06:56 AM

Because it can be a bit tricky to figure out postage and some people have had negative experiences shipping to Canada(me included).

cctx. 08-17-2011 06:58 AM

In my case; Because it usually cost $14.95 to ship international and sometimes the seller cannot afford to pay the shipping of $14.95 fee.

CarrieAnne 08-17-2011 07:02 AM

I got stung once. I had a price of the shipping, then a lady from Canada answered and wanted item, not telling me she was from Cananda, and made me stick to that price. SO, I did, but ended up losing money, plus I had a hard time figuring out customs. I have sent things to Cananda, but want people to know that the price of shipping I quoted is only for USA so I dont lose money again.

Ripped on Scotch 08-17-2011 07:02 AM

but if we are willing to pay for the international shipping why would it really be an issue? I have an US address that I can use but it has to have a receipt attached to it and sometimes that is more of a hassel then just getting it shipped to Canada.

cctx. 08-17-2011 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
I got stung once. I had a price of the shipping, then a lady from Canada answered and wanted item, not telling me she was from Cananda, and made me stick to that price. SO, I did, but ended up losing money, plus I had a hard time figuring out customs. I have sent things to Cananda, but want people to know that the price of shipping I quoted is only for USA so I dont lose money again.

That happened to me before on here, when I was first selling.

I paid more for the international shipping than what I sold the item.

dakotamaid 08-17-2011 07:08 AM

All the seller would have to do is list the item and say international shipping extra. Cost upon request or some such thing.

Maia B 08-17-2011 07:09 AM

I think you can't ship to Canada from the self-serve/automated mailing kiosks. Standing in line adds to the hassle factor. Actually, I once mailed a giveaway to Canada, my treat, but that's because I love Canadians :) I was rescued off the highway after being hit by a semi in the Ice Storm of 1998. A family put me up for 3 days while I waited to fly home. The Rosseau/LeMieux family. "LeMieux" means "the best"- and they were, may God bless them.