Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Cancer free for 5 years...My Sweetie took me shopping...ooooohhh (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/cancer-free-5-years-my-sweetie-took-me-shopping-ooooohhh-t30768.html)

paintedquilt 12-03-2009 06:35 AM

Your good news is wonderful. The earrings are beautiful and the material is so elegant :!:

SharonC 12-03-2009 06:35 AM

Congratulations on your fantastic news. Much happiness and good health to you and yours.

alaskasunshine 12-03-2009 06:40 AM

Thank you all for your concern and very kind words.

If anyone has questions on how I got to where I am at please feel free to PM me. Cancer is a difficult road and quite difficult to navigate through. For anyong fighting really serious cancers like ...brain,colon,liver...etc. We know a patient that is doing VERY well and is cancer free that went to Burzynski clinic in Houston. They do not treat the kind of cancer I had. I am a patient at M.D. Anderson cancer hospital here in Houston. It is concidered the premier cancer hospital in the world.

When we get home I will certainly ponder a OBW for my new fabrics my sweetie bought for me. What a great idea. Hmm I only got 1/2 ard cuts though. Would that work? I also got 2 1/2 yd cuts of 2 of those fabrics at the bottom of the pictures. Oh Geez what to do with them?
Have a wonderful day everyone...merry Christmas!!!

gaigai 12-03-2009 06:46 AM

Congratulations Alaska!!! I am sooo happy! And I suspect you are right here in town with me! Your fabrics are beautiful and so are the earrings. Enjoy them all and have a wonderful, wonderful, holiday!

But you'd better get out of town before tomorrow, because they are predicting freezing weather, and this town goes nuts! The idiots SPEED UP not slow down when it gets wet. The last hard freeze we had, with lots of ice, there were more than 2000 car wrecks in a 24 hour period.

Geta 12-03-2009 07:03 AM

I am glad to hear the wonderful news ! Happy Holidays !

marla 12-03-2009 08:26 AM

Congrats Sunshine! You are a shining star of survivors! Find a beautiful star pattern that reflects you!

Debbie1 12-03-2009 08:39 AM

What wonderful, wonderful news. What a sweetie your husband is for celebrating you!

Sandy1951 12-03-2009 08:54 AM

Sunshine, your earrings are gorgeous, as is the fabric you picked out. What a sweet and understanding DH you have! Isn't it wonderful to be dancing with NED? I've been there twice, only I never got any neat gifts. Ha, just kidding, every day with NED is a gift.

I've heard great things about M.D. Anderson in Houston. I'm so happy for you that you've reached this milestone! :thumbup:

I look forward to seeing your finished quilt.

Sugarpumpkin 12-03-2009 10:08 AM

The earrings are beautiful and so are your fabrics!

Congratulations!

wvdek 12-03-2009 10:14 AM

So happy to hear your wonderful news.

My DS is a 15 year survivor.

Many more happy wonderful years.