Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Cancer free for 5 years...My Sweetie took me shopping...ooooohhh (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/cancer-free-5-years-my-sweetie-took-me-shopping-ooooohhh-t30768.html)

Rose_P 01-02-2011 09:10 PM

My younger brother had cancer in 2004, so I know how much it means to you to get that reassuring news after every check-up. That hubby of yours knows just how to help you celebrate. Another year has passed. I hope you are thriving.

I live about 35 miles from the Houston Medical Center. If possible, you should time your visits to coincide with the huge quilt festival that comes to Houston about the beginning of November every year! I would definitely love to drive down to greet you there.

Lizard 01-02-2011 10:24 PM

Congrats! Lovely fabric and earrings by the way :D

alaskasunshine 01-02-2011 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Rose_P
My younger brother had cancer in 2004, so I know how much it means to you to get that reassuring news after every check-up. That hubby of yours knows just how to help you celebrate. Another year has passed. I hope you are thriving.

I live about 35 miles from the Houston Medical Center. If possible, you should time your visits to coincide with the huge quilt festival that comes to Houston about the beginning of November every year! I would definitely love to drive down to greet you there.

I'd love to meet up with you if we have time. I hope your brother is doing well!!!
Pretty sure we will take in an Astro's ball game and go to the beach to celebrate my upcoming cancer free trip in June. I need to keep drinking my green drinks and drinking my salads. yippie!

C.Cal Quilt Girl 01-02-2011 11:53 PM

Congratulations !!!!
The earrings are Beautiful, and the fabric :)
Most of all glad your health is good !!

CarrieAnne 01-03-2011 03:36 AM

Congrats!!!!!!! And what a great DH you have!

tdgiffin 01-03-2011 04:07 AM

Congratulations on being cancer free!

Rose_P 01-03-2011 09:31 PM

He's okay so far. He had a cancer that is often fatal because it is silent until it's too late. He happened to be in the right place when he needed to be, and he had his surgery under the hand of the doctor who literally wrote the book on the particular type of cancer.

As for the beach, it will be interesting to see what kind of condition it will be in the summer after the big spill. We rarely go because it's a long drive for us, and we tend to go the other direction to see our baby grandson. Galveston needs tourists, definitely, and we should try to get down there more often. June is a good time to visit the Gulf Coast.

Let's drink a big green toast to good health and good times in the new year!

Riversong 01-04-2011 05:55 AM

Im so happy for you!

Momofthree 01-04-2011 08:00 AM

Congrats on being cancer free!!! I hope that my Hobby Lobby has these fabrics they are beautiful. Payday is Friday!!

Sharonsews 01-04-2011 08:07 AM

Congratulations on cancer-free. My mom is going on 6 years cancer free. What a blessing! Your fabrics are beautiful. I have never seen those at our Hobby Lobby. Enjoy your day!