Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Careful-new Medicare Scam (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/careful-new-medicare-scam-t219285.html)

angelanicole 04-17-2013 05:55 AM

The first thing I ask them "do you want my bank account number"? Sorry I don't have one !!!!!!!!

tessagin 04-17-2013 06:35 AM

I never give out personal information. I did give out a referral to one of the callers though and the name I gave was a bar number downtown (real dive). The name to ask for was John Bidet. LOL.

char593 04-17-2013 06:40 AM

Hate hate these calls. When asking for me,. say not their. When they kept pushing I said I was dead. Hung up fast

cr12cats 04-17-2013 12:37 PM

thanks, I don't think there is anything they won't scam. The same guy that always calls got my Dh last week and got the same NO as I give him.but when I block that number he just uses another one. he now has it so the number doesn't show up now so it can't be blocked. I wish my phone would block more than 20 calls at a time.Also if you get a call about money for the state troopers it's a scam. They troopers don't called evey week and also they aren't rude and won't take no as a answer. also I have traced it to someplace up in NYC but then it could be anywhere since they can get numbers to look like there.My DH told him we are in Kansas and we just gave what is this about? The just still carried on his spiel. Pushy aren't they?

Lady Diana 04-17-2013 04:56 PM

THIS WAS NOT A TELEMARKETER. This was a THIEF! Thank you for posting. Spread the word. I hate it, when older folks are targeted for their hard earned money.
Diana

DebbE 04-17-2013 06:39 PM

LOVE your response, reginalovesfabric. Reminded me of my grandmother...when she received calls like that she'd warn them once. The next time she'd blow a whistle in their ear as loud as possible. She didn't get any other calls from them then! She also never had to worry about solicitors or burglars...had a sign posted on her garage 'I don't shoot to kill, but I WILL make a hen out of a rooster!'. Everyone in town knew of the sign and stayed away....

Carol34446 04-17-2013 07:17 PM

Your grandmother is a lady after my own heart. Someone called and would not take not from my husband, he handed me the phone and they keep talking, I finally when they took a breat asked "what part of NO don'tyou understand. Now we tell them my husband has CA and we need a donation from them, they back off and called don't keep happening UNLESS it is a darn computer calling, them I hang up on.

mumzer 04-18-2013 03:47 AM

I got a call like that. Normally I let all calls go on machine but was waiting for a call back from soneone so picked it up. I don't waste my time listening to these people I just hang up on them.

shasta5718 04-18-2013 06:32 AM

Had that call and when I said I didn't think the information they wanted was needed they hung up. Called Medicare and they said they had so many of these that thy couldn't bother to investigate.

Carol34446 04-18-2013 07:25 AM

Rule of thumb, if you didn't make the call give NO information, not even your name or location, tell them it is none of their business and you will call them if you want something.