Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Castle (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/castle-t270800.html)

slbram17 10-06-2015 07:37 PM

Castle

I have tried to watch Castle this season, and am having a hard time finishing an episode. In fact, Monday's episode threw me for a loop since I did not know about Castle and Beckett's recent upset.

Usually, if I am interested enough, I''ll go online and watch the current episode, but haven't done that yet.

Serita

Pinkiris 10-07-2015 04:04 PM

I read somewhere that viewers were complaining that the "spark" between Castle and Kate was gone, now that they were married. Guess the writers think that this separation between them will help ratings. We'll see......

Geri B 10-08-2015 03:47 AM

Castle is taking an interesting turn...I wonder if it will work out......or is it time to wrap it up......although I do like all the characters on the series and they play well together.....

tapper 10-08-2015 05:19 AM

Castle is changing. I'm not sure I like it but will hang in for a while longer because I like the characters. So far I am disappointed in the episodes. The spark is gone and with the new route the show is taking, it may not survive. I think the role of Alexis is bogging down the series. Alexis is good character, but only in small doses (imho). I think they need to get back to Beckett/Castle working together to solve crimes. Forget the P.I. storyline. I am not a fan of shows that keep the same storyline going for season after season, such as Beckett's mom's murder, Dr. Niemen(sp.?) and the other killer..(.the alphabet/number guy....not sure of the name). It gets boring very fast.

Snooze2978 10-08-2015 05:35 AM

I just found the Castle series earlier in the summer so have been catching up with the earlier seasons on TNT. On my 2nd round thru them as I missed a couple here and there. Have my DVR programmed to record the new ones too. I'm enjoying both characters.

Manalto 10-08-2015 05:44 AM

When there is romantic mystery or friction in a series such as this one, marrying the characters is the kiss of death. I lost interest after the whole flirtation-avoidance dance ended - watching Kate Becket grin adoringly at Castle in nearly every shot of them together was too much to bear. Much of the humor inherent in that uncertain dynamic was also lost. It's really too bad, because they had a good thing with "Castle" and its characters who were appealing and fun to watch.

crafty pat 10-08-2015 10:32 AM

I have always liked it but this year not so much. I have this weeks recorded but haven't watched it yet.

institches33 10-08-2015 11:49 AM

I agree that the daughter is bogging down the series. It looks like she is getting a much bigger part and Beckett is hardly seen.

Stitchnripper 10-08-2015 12:19 PM

Not enjoying this season much but since we've seen all the prior episodes (some more than once!) we are giving it a chance to straighten out.

slbram17 10-08-2015 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Snooze2978 (Post 7339368)
I just found the Castle series earlier in the summer so have been catching up with the earlier seasons on TNT. On my 2nd round thru them as I missed a couple here and there. Have my DVR programmed to record the new ones too. I'm enjoying both characters.

Earlier episodes are first rate. I rewatch those all the time.