Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Cat spray smell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/cat-spray-smell-t227872.html)

nativetexan 08-13-2013 07:08 AM

Cat spray smell

I just saw this on a forum- thought someone might need it "Yes, but thankfully I have an AWESOME cleaner called FIZZION. I get it from ebay. It takes the smell and stain away permanently and doesn't discolor anything. I learned about it from the 'my cat from hell' show."

nativetexan 08-13-2013 07:44 AM

and does anyone have any ideas on odor control for garbage cans? I keep looking for Fabreze stick on's they advertise but never find them.

Chasing Hawk 08-13-2013 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan (Post 6232123)
and does anyone have any ideas on odor control for garbage cans? I keep looking for Fabreze stick on's they advertise but never find them.

I use Glad 13 gallon bags with odor control. They seem to do the trick. And I add a bit of baking soda to the bottom of the can itself. Of course I rinse the old stiff out first.

nativetexan 08-13-2013 07:54 AM

I have done that too and still have odor. I hate putting peelings and such down the sink so I put them out in the garage garbage can, not the kitchen one. Still have odor problems anyway. maybe it's my nose!! I have a nice round tall can from Bed,Bath and Beyond. I'm about to take it outside and wash it out again and dry in the sun-before it rains again!

Misty's Mom 08-13-2013 08:36 AM

Try OdoBan from SAMs or Costco

lildinks2013 08-13-2013 08:51 AM

ive used Mr clean (blue liquid kind) -works for me and i have a cat. I used it in the laundry when i had multiple cats and one would oops on a towel. you can compost your peelings, and make compost for your flowerbeds if you dont have a garden. Keeps it out of the garbage can. Another way to get rid of peelings, is to grind them up in a food processor, add water to thin liquid out and then dump down the toilet.

mighty 08-13-2013 09:05 AM

I have used Mr Clean on my dogs when they go skunked and it worked pretty well.

Susanna10 08-13-2013 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Misty's Mom (Post 6232182)
Try OdoBan from SAMs or Costco

I use OdoBan, too. I even use it in my laundry.

Cheshirecatquilter 08-13-2013 12:08 PM

Odormute is a good product. Order from the internet.

suzyq2154 08-14-2013 04:58 AM

Cat urine smell

Originally Posted by nativetexan (Post 6232046)
I just saw this on a forum- thought someone might need it "Yes, but thankfully I have an AWESOME cleaner called FIZZION. I get it from ebay. It takes the smell and stain away permanently and doesn't discolor anything. I learned about it from the 'my cat from hell' show."

I swear by SCOE 10X
I order it from the internet, and it's pricey, but eliminates urine & feces, gas & fuel, vomit, garbage, smoke and skunk odors.