Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Catching my breathe! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/catching-my-breathe-t157807.html)

Ruby the Quilter 10-03-2011 04:44 PM

Took my dil and one year old grandson to the airport this morning. They stayed with me all week - a one year old kept me on my toes. He doesn't sleep - maybe a hour in the morning and 45 minutes in the afternoon and that's on a good day. He is up several times a night. My dil works at home and is exhausted. Nesta ( yes that is his name) is a happy baby so probably gets the sleep he needs. Got to have is first birthday party here. So much fun. Now to get some rest. What a blessing to have a dil that is a joy to be with. Lots of fun!

butterflies5518 10-03-2011 04:46 PM

I loved my first MIL - her name was Ruby too!

craftybear 10-03-2011 04:48 PM

so happy you enjoyed the time with grandson

Originally Posted by Ruby the Quilter
Took my dil and one year old grandson to the airport this morning. They stayed with me all week - a one year old kept me on my toes. He doesn't sleep - maybe a hour in the morning and 45 minutes in the afternoon and that's on a good day. He is up several times a night. My dil works at home and is exhausted. Nesta ( yes that is his name) is a happy baby so probably gets the sleep he needs. Got to have is first birthday party here. So much fun. Now to get some rest. What a blessing to have a dil that is a joy to be with. Lots of fun!

SuziC 10-03-2011 05:14 PM

Sounds like you have a wonderful visit!

blueangel 10-03-2011 05:46 PM

Glad you had a nice visit.

emerald46 10-03-2011 05:55 PM

I had a neighbor with a 4 yr old like that. They finally had to put a screen door on his room and make it perfectly child safe for him to stay in. Momma had to get some rest! He is 40 now and the most laid back guy you could never imagine. Mom says he wore himself out just growing up! Glad you had such a good time.

GingerK 10-03-2011 06:30 PM

Oh yeah--know exactly what you mean, except my DGD actually has an afternoon nap of 1-2 hours. Total godsend. Had her and grand puppy(don't know which needed more attention) with me for 3 days while Mamma produced No. 2.

Visits are wonderful and so is watching them go home.

Scotlass 10-03-2011 07:41 PM

It is a good thing that we have/had our babies when we were young....with more energy and stamina for the demands. I couldn't do it now even with the best intentions, but you sure love those grandbabies!(they usually go home)LOL.

janethagy 10-03-2011 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by GingerK
Oh yeah--know exactly what you mean, except my DGD actually has an afternoon nap of 1-2 hours. Total godsend. Had her and grand puppy(don't know which needed more attention) with me for 3 days while Mamma produced No. 2.

Visits are wonderful and so is watching them go home.

This made me laugh... :lol: We love those grandbabys and yes sometimes we love to see them go home too.. I watched my GGD a few weeks back and was wore out when she went home that evening..Dont know what I would do if I had her for a few days..:)

SueDor 10-04-2011 02:02 AM

Glad you had fun!