Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Chair to be Redone (for Genghis Khan) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/chair-redone-genghis-khan-t33516.html)

genghis khan 01-07-2010 10:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a pic of one i did redo already for display at a local shop here. first pic shows an awful chair lol

genghis khan 01-07-2010 10:53 PM

3 Attachment(s)
and after

G-Maw Wilda 01-07-2010 10:55 PM

I have a chair just like that, it is white with gold trim. It is a rocker, also. I made new cushions for it out of yellow and white gingham when I was expecting my first child, 37 years ago. It could do with new cushions again, maybe someday. I plan on passing it on to my GD for her first born. I hope that is several years yet.

amma 01-07-2010 11:12 PM

Wow!!! You did a wonderful job on that chair genghis khan :D:D:D I love the fabric and the detailing around the back and seat cushion :D:D:D

cumberlandquiltchick 01-07-2010 11:17 PM

I had an upholstery business for 15 years. I've redone a few of these. It probably originally had the bottom upholstered w/an attached box pleated little skirt hanging down. Then there would have been a separate cushion sitting on top of that, about 4"thick w/cording on top and bottom. Then it would have probably had a separate back cushion that had little loops at the top to go around those top pieces of wood on each side and also tied on the bottom. Great chair! Sandra

LovingIzabella 01-08-2010 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by cumberlandquiltchick
I had an upholstery business for 15 years. I've redone a few of these. It probably originally had the bottom upholstered w/an attached box pleated little skirt hanging down. Then there would have been a separate cushion sitting on top of that, about 4"thick w/cording on top and bottom. Then it would have probably had a separate back cushion that had little loops at the top to go around those top pieces of wood on each side and also tied on the bottom. Great chair! Sandra

Sandra
You are exactly right! My SIL has one just like it and recently had hers redone and you described hers to a T!
I love this chair and I am definetly going to fix her up :-)
Thanks so much!
Hugs
April
PS Chris that chair looks fabulous-you did an awesome job!

sewjoyce 01-08-2010 06:22 AM

April, are you gonna redo the chair or ship it to Khan??? :D

sandpat 01-08-2010 06:27 AM

Wow, you did a great job on that re-upholster job!

LovingIzabella 01-08-2010 06:31 AM

Joyce
I am going to have the wood refinished and fixed in the loose spots and then take it to Chris to reupholster :-)
Hugs
April

sewjoyce 01-08-2010 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
Joyce
I am going to have the wood refinished and fixed in the loose spots and then take it to Chris to reupholster :-)
Hugs
April

All right!! I know he'll do a GREAT job for you!! :D