Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Challenged? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/challenged-t96459.html)

livenlearn124 02-03-2011 12:33 PM

Is there some sort of unmentioned challenge as to who can be the first to post on a topic, or who has the most posts or top poster of the day??? Or is it a full on contest?

I see MANY MANY posts with the same users as the top few replies, some with a one word comment as if they are in a competition against each other.

Just wondering.

amma 02-03-2011 12:38 PM

There isn't any challenge :D Some of us spend more time on the board than others :D

I have a lot of days especially in the winter, where I can't do a lot more than sit and watch tv, read or be on the computer. I choose the computer most of the time, with reading here and there :D:D:D

bj 02-03-2011 12:39 PM

There is a designation for top poster. It's been Amma for a while (not sure if it still is...I don't really pay attention to it). Other than that, I don't know if there's a contest or not. I mostly visit the Unread Topics section, so if I'm on I see posts that come on pretty quickly.

Amma beat me to an answer and I see she is still top poster. Not only is she a smart quilter with lots of good advice, she is also fast! :-D :-D

Murphy 02-03-2011 12:50 PM

I don't think there is a challenge. I think many people spend more time here and wish to be helpful if possible.

sewwhat85 02-03-2011 12:52 PM

i just love the site dont know about any contest

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 02-03-2011 01:12 PM

I'm too lazy to compete. I hang out on the unread topics and post to anything that interests me.

frugalfabrics 02-03-2011 01:23 PM

I just post on everything I like (beautiful pics). Even if it's a one or two word comment, I still want them to know "it's beautiful"...or "stunning"..etc.

I've never noticed any mention of contests...I think it's all in commraderie (sp?) and support of each other.

When I first joined, it really made me feel welcomed to have so many people comment on the posts I created.

quiltsRfun 02-03-2011 01:27 PM

Some of us have more time than others and some have more to say.

quiltlonger 02-03-2011 01:35 PM

Ditto

dsb38327 02-03-2011 01:49 PM

I do not believe there is any competition.
Being a high poster is not easy. It might seem as if it would be, but it is not. When I first joined I took one complete day, read and responded to each unread topic as I came to it. By the end of the day I was worn out. I couldn't keep up, the new post were coming in so fast! I look forward to seeing Amma's response on a topic. She is one of the veteran's I look up to. She is always nice and pleasant and I enjoy the information she gives. I update a topic when I want to. Not necessarily when I have something to say because sometimes I will be busy and not update a post eventhough I had some thoughts on it. Some days I am more social. Some posts I have one word responses to. Other days I just want to read. We all have our different ways and they are all good ways.
Good post on your part. No, not competition.