Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   a chance to buy 3 truck loads (full size truck) of fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/chance-buy-3-truck-loads-full-size-truck-fabric-t127448.html)

Wendys Quilts 06-02-2011 06:50 AM

I have a chance to buy 3 truck loads of ALOT of fabric. He gave me a price of $1400 for it all. But that price was off the top of his head. Not sure if my husband wants to put out that much in a huge lump sum. I look every day for the LUCKY catches like ive seen on here lol. This person might be willing to work out a better price though. ...hhhmmmmmm.....

craftybear 06-02-2011 06:51 AM

where would you store all of it at?

is it 100% cotton?

mltquilt 06-02-2011 06:54 AM

If it is 100% cotton just think of the stash you would have plus you could open and online ebay store for awhile.

mltquilt

KathyAire 06-02-2011 06:56 AM

That would be a 'fun' full time job.

Wendys Quilts 06-02-2011 07:00 AM

Wow wow wow. Didnt think about an online store possibilities! Hmmmmm not sure where we would store it if we bought it lol

Diana Lynne 06-02-2011 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by Wendys Quilts
I have a chance to buy 3 truck loads of ALOT of fabric. He gave me a price of $1400 for it all. But that price was off the top of his head. Not sure if my husband wants to put out that much in a huge lump sum. I look every day for the LUCKY catches like ive seen on here lol. This person might be willing to work out a better price though. ...hhhmmmmmm.....

If you get it and sell some of it, you can get back some of the money you spent buying it :thumbup: And, think of all the quilts you can make with all that fabric

mltquilt 06-02-2011 07:06 AM

If you sell on ebay then some of the money could be used to pay for a storage unit depending on where you are.

mltquilt

Airwick156 06-02-2011 07:07 AM

I would buy it. I am not sure that I would pay $1400. Maybe you can talk him down in price. I would definately go through it BEFORE setting a price. Maybe not peice by piece, but enough that you can see what you are getting. You don't want the stuff on the bottom to be crap fabric if you know what I mean. Good Luck to you. :)

bearisgray 06-02-2011 07:08 AM

What do you call a full size truck?

(My DH was a long haul trucker for quite a while and pulled a 48' long trailer)

Can you take a look at some of it before committing to it ?

It could be a fantastic deal -

IF you have a place to keep it - if you can't keep it at/in yo ur home - rental space costs money
IF you would be able to use it or sell it -

IF you don't have a place to keep it - it could end up being a huge white elephant.

Kathios 06-02-2011 07:08 AM

Perhaps you could find a few friends or quilting buddies that would go in with you, and split it several ways.