Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Chat Room (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/chat-room-t49714.html)

tmg 06-15-2010 02:39 AM

Ok I see we have a chat room. I have never been in one at all. I won't let the kids go in one for reasonable reasons.With them being teens(11, 14, and 17) they THINK they can do everything I do so I have to be careful with what I do. I would like to join in someday to see what it is all about. I would like to know they work before I do join in on it. Because it does sound like a lot of fun.

QuiltingGrannie 06-15-2010 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by tmg
Ok I see we have a chat room. I have never been in one at all. I won't let the kids go in one for reasonable reasons.With them being teens(11, 14, and 17) they THINK they can do everything I do so I have to be careful with what I do. I would like to join in someday to see what it is all about. I would like to know they work before I do join in on it. Because it does sound like a lot of fun.

This chat rooms works and is a lot of fun. Join in when you can. I join in once in a while.

sheilainoz 06-15-2010 03:11 AM

the chat room does work ... i can understand you not wanting your teens accessing them but the one here is very friendly. because of the different time zones its a case of trying to find a time where ppl are online at the same time

quiltinghere 06-15-2010 03:17 AM

I can understand being nervous at first. Just click on the 'chat' button and step in and watch for a little bit. You only have to give info you want to give. You can exit as quickly as you entered with a click of the button.

clem55 06-15-2010 03:45 AM

It's lots of fun, but you have to read and type pretty fast to follow along. Sometimes it is hard to follow the conversation, but the younger ones seem to have no problem with that, just old people like me . I love it!

Pam 06-15-2010 04:23 AM

I pop in a couple of times a week. Everyone is welcoming and friendly.

cjomomma 06-15-2010 04:39 AM

I am too slow for the chat room. Went there once and haven't gone back. My fingers don't work that fast.

sewjoyce 06-15-2010 04:57 AM

The chat room is a fun place!! I try to pop in at least once a day! Try it -- you'll like it! :D

mrspete 06-15-2010 05:44 AM

My computer hangs-up or freezes, whatever you call it, when I go in this chatroom. I've used lots of chatrooms and thank you, I'm not a pervert either. I just love to chat. I've made some awesome friends on the 'net' .

blessings,
Ruth

Pam 06-15-2010 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I am too slow for the chat room. Went there once and haven't gone back. My fingers don't work that fast.

That is how I learned to type so fast, not here, but in another chat room. It improved my skills SOOO much! At one time I was up to about 50 wpm.