Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Chicken Wing Fabric - are these hot, medium, mild, BBQ...? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/chicken-wing-fabric-these-hot-medium-mild-bbq-t61118.html)

raptureready 08-24-2010 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy
Hate to say this ... but my initial response was ICK...GROSS.

I'm with you. I'm one of the few (I guess) people on planet earth that doesn't like wings to begin with and this fabric just makes me want to barf. There are some things that just don't transfer into fabric well.

Favorite Fabrics 08-24-2010 11:59 AM

Would it have been better if they'd included celery/carrot sticks and little containers of blue cheese for dipping?

(That's what they serve the wings with around here...)

sewjoyce 08-24-2010 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
Would it have been better if they'd included celery/carrot sticks and little containers of blue cheese for dipping?

(That's what they serve the wings with around here...)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Chasing Hawk 08-24-2010 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy
Hate to say this ... but my initial response was ICK...GROSS.

Mine too.

And I love hot wings. But I don't see myself quilting them.

Beth33 08-24-2010 03:50 PM

Aprons and potholders maybe.

First looks mild and second hot

IrishNY 08-24-2010 05:18 PM

Born in Buffalo so I am an authority... :-D :-D

#1 looks like mild

#2 look like hot wings (we used to go to a place that called the really hot ones nuclear)

pab58 08-24-2010 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Ditter43

Originally Posted by lynnie
first looked fried, second look hot, falmeing wings

my thoughts too!

I am with y'all!! :lol: I love chicken wings!! You're making me hungry for them!! How are you planning on using this fabric?

sueisallaboutquilts 08-24-2010 07:23 PM

The second pic looks like Buffalo wings. I'm a Utica girl but some things just aren't meant to be in fabric lol

Boscobd 08-24-2010 09:18 PM

Oh, that's ok, Judy!

You'd probably have to be from our area to be as excited about these as I am.

The thing is... it's cold and gray here about half the year, so if you're not into winter sports, the favorite activity here is... EATING. ('Nuff said...)

Oh how I miss those true Buffalo wings! I moved from Utica, NY to Tucson 6 years ago and have yet to find a place that comes close to them out here. Also, NYS Spiedie sauce and half moon cookies; not to mention Dinosaur BBQ sauce from the Dinosaur BBQ in Syracuse!!

sueisallaboutquilts 08-25-2010 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by Boscobd

Oh, that's ok, Judy!

You'd probably have to be from our area to be as excited about these as I am.

The thing is... it's cold and gray here about half the year, so if you're not into winter sports, the favorite activity here is... EATING. ('Nuff said...)

Oh how I miss those true Buffalo wings! I moved from Utica, NY to Tucson 6 years ago and have yet to find a place that comes close to them out here. Also, NYS Spiedie sauce and half moon cookies; not to mention Dinosaur BBQ sauce from the Dinosaur BBQ in Syracuse!!

OMG Dinosaur !!!! They made the best BBQ !!! When our youngest son was little it was his favorite place to go for his birthday............ until he became a vegetarian, and he still is :D