Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Choose a famous person (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/choose-famous-person-t134371.html)

CoyoteQuilts 07-01-2011 05:48 AM

Cool....

QuiltE 07-01-2011 05:55 AM

I tried two of our former Prime Ministers ... Kim Campbell and John Diefenbaker, and he nailed it!

Took more Q+A's before he came up with Lucy Maude Montgomery. Just tried Scott Thompson, first guess he went with Brent LeRoy, about six more questions and he got Scott. Almost stumped him with Buddy Cole .... he came up with seven possibilities, including Scott who plays him, then eventually got it

Curious for the ones who stumped him, were your people "very" obscure? And were you answering a lot of I don't knows or probably/nots? I wasn't sure how to answer some of the questions when it was a character role, so expect that caused the long-drawn-out session.

I guess this is programed like the computer that played Jeopardy on TV!!

tealady 07-01-2011 06:47 AM

He got my first two, but I stumped him on Julie London.

tutt 07-01-2011 02:05 PM

Instead of Thelma Lou from The Andy Griffith Show the genie guessed Minnie Mouse.

QuiltE 07-01-2011 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by tutt
Instead of Thelma Lou from The Andy Griffith Show the genie guessed Minnie Mouse.

Did you keep going to see if he'd figure it out?

dogpursemaker 07-01-2011 03:04 PM

He got two out of four of mine. He didn't get Barbara Woodhouse or Dan Wilson. Must admit, I kept giggling at all the questions asking if he had a funny name, difficult name etc. Couldn't get more basic! I went to question 56, and then the program errored out.
I guess I should say, that he actually only answered one of mine on question 19-the other one he got took 40+ questions.

Yankee 07-02-2011 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE
I tried two of our former Prime Ministers ... Kim Campbell and John Diefenbaker, and he nailed it!

Took more Q+A's before he came up with Lucy Maude Montgomery. Just tried Scott Thompson, first guess he went with Brent LeRoy, about six more questions and he got Scott. Almost stumped him with Buddy Cole .... he came up with seven possibilities, including Scott who plays him, then eventually got it

Curious for the ones who stumped him, were your people "very" obscure? And were you answering a lot of I don't knows or probably/nots? I wasn't sure how to answer some of the questions when it was a character role, so expect that caused the long-drawn-out session.

I guess this is programed like the computer that played Jeopardy on TV!!

Some of the ones he missed for me were, Darren McGavin of Kolchak, Jameson Parker from Simon and Simon, Northern Dancer the race horse, and Richard Deacon from the Dick Van Dyke Show

By the way....I was wondering how to get pictures in there. It says you can add them but I cannot see how.

Yankee 07-02-2011 07:24 AM

Oh, it also took him 5 tries to get Ed Bradley.

Lv2sew2011 07-02-2011 07:33 AM

He got the first one right, missed the second one on first try but guessed it on second try....was amazing....

George Washington
and
Paul Newman

fishhavengirl 07-02-2011 07:37 AM

Was thinking of Georgia O'Keefe and he got it right off. My mouth fell open when I saw her picture. Never thought he'd get it...LOL