Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Christmas Bakers were use at our house (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/christmas-bakers-were-use-our-house-t284629.html)

carolynjo 12-22-2016 06:52 PM

My 54 year-old son came over last week and the two of us made 2 loaf fruitcakes. Yum! One year I made him 2 which he ate all by himself. He remembers that year well.

callen 12-23-2016 05:47 AM

Wow, very impressive ! So nice to get help especially with the cleaning up.....

ube quilting 12-23-2016 02:26 PM

I see a cookie cutter cookie in the center of your table. What kind is it, please? I am on a search and this looks like what I am looking for.

I was so excited to see your cookies I forgot to say Well Done. It must have been fun and a happy memory.
peace

Mornigstar 12-23-2016 04:05 PM

I know how you feel M Elizabeth. Thank goodness our park arranges a group dinner in clubhouse. Social club buys ham them people sign up in tables to bring other side dishes. We are having 12 people so more than 6 dishes and ham will make a real buffet. I am lucky because my brother, wife and nephew are included. Still have to provide them with snack meal later.
Didn't bake cookies like this picture for many years.

Carol34446 12-23-2016 09:04 PM

Used to do all kinds of baking, but old guy and I don't need to eat all the sugar. I did splurge and made nuts and bolts and have enjoyed them. Will be last year most likely for that too. 1st of year starting strict diet so my knees don't give out, painful now so must do it.

judy363905 12-23-2016 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by ube quilting (Post 7725179)
I see a cookie cutter cookie in the center of your table. What kind is it, please? I am on a search and this looks like what I am looking for.

I was so excited to see your cookies I forgot to say Well Done. It must have been fun and a happy memory.
peace

Sorry I am a little confused by your question...if you mean the shape cookie cutters we used...rocking horses, trees, gingerbread men, stars, bells. Or do you need the recipe for the dough? I would be happy to share..

Judy

jmoore 12-24-2016 04:29 AM

And all calorie-free...oh wait, that's not a concern until January 1st. LOL

ube quilting 12-27-2016 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by judy363905 (Post 7725429)
Sorry I am a little confused by your question...if you mean the shape cookie cutters we used...rocking horses, trees, gingerbread men, stars, bells. Or do you need the recipe for the dough? I would be happy to share..

Judy

The recipe is what I am asking about. Why I didn't add the word recipe to my ? I'll never know.:D Thanks and Happy New Year.
peace

deedum 12-27-2016 04:14 PM

Wow, that looks yummy! I made sugar cookies and a batch of toffee. That was it. We don't need it, and I don't need to wear anymore, but it sure is wonderful to have at the holidays...that is part of Christmas. Think I will make some fudge now. I am sure your goodies was much appreciated. :)

judy363905 12-27-2016 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by ube quilting (Post 7727194)
The recipe is what I am asking about. Why I didn't add the word recipe to my ? I'll never know.:D Thanks and Happy New Year.
peace

I PM'd you the recipe as this is not the recipe link :). Happy New Year to you too

Judy