Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Christmas fiction (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/christmas-fiction-t170007.html)

twinkle 11-27-2011 09:21 AM

Christmas fiction

I love a nice Christmassy novel...snow, romance and a happy ending, you can't go wrong! I have a few lined up for December, paperbacks and audio books, but always on the look out for more so would love to know which ones others enjoyed :)

Ready to read I have..

Debbie Macomber - Where angels go
Susan Wiggs - Snowfall at Willow Lake
Kyle Smith - Christmas Caroline
Scarlett Bailey - The Night before Christmas

And I've ordered

Melody Carlson - Christmas at Harrington's
Kevin Alan Milne - The Paper bag Christmas

StarofMoonDancer 11-27-2011 09:29 AM

I love to read. I have no one but me now so I will try to find those. I hope my library has them. Are you watching the Hallmark channel specials? My husband passed of cancer in March so I am trying not to dwell on that. I love to read about Christmas. There are some books about Amish Christmas too.

twinkle 11-27-2011 09:37 AM

Sorry about your Husband Starmoondancer x

Work is very busy for me over Christmas so a nice light Christmas novel is perfect, I usually get them from the library too so if they aren't very good nothing is lost. I'm enjoying the Christmas films too, I'm limiting myself to watching two a day lol.

MOBRIDGE MOM 11-27-2011 10:29 AM

I like Christmas books also but I'm really enjoying the books by Marie Bostwick. She has a quilting series that I like as much or better than the Elm Creek ones (I am not going to try and spell Jennifer's last name!). The first Bostwick book is called "A Single Thread" and she has four in the series so far.

sharon b 11-27-2011 11:06 AM

I agree the Amish Christmas ones are also GREAT !

Atomicdog 11-27-2011 12:09 PM

Great selections on the books! And, I'm another one who is eating up all the Hallmark movies - nothing better on a weekend afternoon (especially if it's dreary outside) than doing some sewing and watching happy holiday movies!!

Quiltaddict 11-29-2011 10:08 PM

Me too. Love Christmas books and the sappy Christmas movies on TV. I've been watching as many as I can for the last week.

Edie 11-30-2011 04:30 AM

I do the audio book thing - Here are some great ones by Carol Higgins Clark:

Silent Night
Deck the Halls
He Sees You When You're Sleeping
The Christmas Thief
Santa Cruise
Dashing Through the Snow.

Also, Richard Paul Evans

The Christmas Box Miracle
The Christmas List
The Gift
Grace

The Jennifer Chiaverini stories:

The Christmas Quilt
The New Years Quilt

Hope I could help you, also, and blessings to you this Christmas Season, Starmoondancer. Your husband is with you. Edie

twinkle 12-01-2011 01:49 PM

Thank you ever so much, I look forward to reading them. I've read both the Jennifer Chiaverini recently, but the others are new to me. Happy Christmas to you too xxx

I saw the Amish ones, but wouldn't have considered then unless you mentioned them so thank you both x

I've been taping the films everyday, but haven't had chance to watch any for a few days, think I will have to send hubby down his workshop and have a nice Christmas movie afternoon :0)

Pam B 12-01-2011 07:27 PM

Can anyone post some of the Amish Christmas book titles or authors? Thanks! Also, in addition to the books that have already been mentioned, Thomas Kinkade has a Christmas book series. There is a new one just out in Nov. Can't remember the title but you can search by author to find them. They are always very nice.