Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Christmas gifts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/christmas-gifts-t267550.html)

lynnie 07-13-2015 05:47 PM

Christmas gifts

ANYONE GETTING A JUMP ON Christmas GIFTS THIS jULY?
I'm making yo yo pillows with pearls in the center and a quilt for my newly married cousin and her dh a Christmas quilt of packages with a big fancy bow. it's a quilt.

so any good ideas yet??? share with all of us.

PenniF 07-13-2015 06:16 PM

I've started on cowboy boot stockings for Adopt a Platoon. Just at the cutting out stage right now....but it will be here before we know it. --- You KNOW i'll be making some place mats for friends/family again! ;)

quiltingcandy 07-13-2015 06:40 PM

Actually I just finished a the twister Christmas tree quilt - made it throw size - and gave it to my SIL for her birthday in June. Now I am re-quilting a Christmas patchwork quilt that I made for my eldest daughter over 20 years ago. (It was very tempting to throw it away and start over because there were so many things I don't like about it now - but she loves it. It was tied and the batting was barely there so she wanted me to put in new batting and instead of tying it, I am quilting it. Not doing anything fancy - the 1/4 inch next to the ditch.) That will be it for Christmas - but knowing me, I will be a wild bug in November and want to push out something. :-)

Painiacs 07-14-2015 03:59 AM

Yes I am too

dd 07-14-2015 04:22 AM

I have some fabrics bought and different ideas but nothing started yet. Fabric for pj pants a couple people, pjs for grandsons, vest for son, he likes to dress nicely, and a table runner for daughter. I think that's all that especially for Christmas. Maybe I should start a list so nothing gets forgotten.lol

ManiacQuilter2 07-14-2015 04:27 AM

I haven't decided what to make my quilting friends this Christmas.

Abby'smom 07-14-2015 04:39 AM

I've started making gifts for my bee members but haven't made as progress as I would like!! Christmas will be here before you know it and I don't want to be rushed!!

lindaschipper 07-14-2015 05:01 AM

I gave my daughter and son-in-law a quilt when they moved to CA July 1st. Now to keep things even I will make (4) lap quilts for my son's and their wives quilt for Christmas. One is almost finished as I'm quilting it now. Plus I have fall craft shows to sew for. There simply isn't enough time in my days....LOL

Wanabee Quiltin 07-14-2015 05:25 AM

I saw some free patterns for Christmas trees that are darling. Need to go through my jelly rolls and see if they will work on these patterns. I have tons of Christmas fabric to use up !

MarLeClair 07-14-2015 06:30 AM

I made by "posey" möbius scarfs out of minky. I hope they like them. Soooooo soft!