Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Christmas Movies on Television (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/christmas-movies-television-t31070.html)

Boston1954 12-07-2009 09:34 AM

Is it just me or are they not showing much. One channel here had some and another showed "Christmas Vacation" (Chevy Chase) 10 times in five nights. I was hoping they would have Albert Finney as Scrooge, or Bing Crosby in "Holiday Inn". Anyone else notice this?

amma 12-07-2009 11:06 AM

I watched White Christmas the other night :D There have been a lot of the newer ones on the last couple of weeks, all 3 of the "The Santa Clause" and the one with Arnold Schwartnegger (sp) and a bunch on lifetime and a few other channels. I am waiting for more of the tradional ones, too!!!

Rose Hall 12-07-2009 11:35 AM

The Hallmark channel is running Christmas movies everyday from 12 noon-12 midnight.
Some are reruns, some are new.

Rose Hall

Lostn51 12-07-2009 01:28 PM

I always love TNT when they show "A Christmas Story" all day on Christmas. That is by far my favorite Christmas movie and yes we watch the movie all day long on Christmas!!! :mrgreen:

Billy

Lostn51 12-07-2009 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by amma
I watched White Christmas the other night :D There have been a lot of the newer ones on the last couple of weeks, all 3 of the "The Santa Clause" and the one with Arnold Schwartnegger (sp) and a bunch on lifetime and a few other channels. I am waiting for more of the tradional ones, too!!!

"Turboman your Mine!!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jingle all the way is the name of that one, and I love that one too.

Billy

BellaBoo 12-07-2009 02:49 PM

I like the older tv Christmas specials, The Walton's Christmas, Little House on the Prairie Christmas, Young Pioneers, shows like that. I haven't seen them on tv in years. One movie that is rarely shown is Santa Claus: The Movie with Dudley Moore. It's one of the better ones.

mic-pa 12-07-2009 04:20 PM

I too, have been watching the Hallmark Channel with all their Christmas movies. Its great. Marge

amma 12-07-2009 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Originally Posted by amma

"Turboman your Mine!!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jingle all the way is the name of that one, and I love that one too.

Billy

Lol I love Tim Allen :D:D:D:D

b.zang 12-07-2009 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by mic-pa
I too, have been watching the Hallmark Channel with all their Christmas movies. Its great. Marge

Lookie, another "folksy" movie lover like me. Sometimes I even cry over these movies! Ah, Christmas!

Lostn51 12-07-2009 07:51 PM

In the movie "A Christmas Story" Ralphie is wanting a Red Ryder BB Gun and everyone is telling him "You'll shoot your eye out". Well my wife and I went to Bass Pro Shops and what did they have but a huge display of Red Ryder BB Guns!!

Guess what I'm getting for Christmas! :mrgreen:

Billy