Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Cleaning like crazy! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/cleaning-like-crazy-t209155.html)

Tartan 12-24-2012 08:54 AM

Cleaning like crazy!

I've cleaned the sewing room after getting all the Christmas gifts done. I've cleaned the kitchen after finishing the Christmas baking. The bathrooms are sparkling and I am having a wee break with a cup of tea and QB. I will finish up with the vacuuming and windex after my break. Who else is cleaning like crazy for company coming?

decky 12-24-2012 10:07 AM

I just pick up and call it good. I clean good after everyone leaves.

Pat in MN

donnalynett 12-24-2012 12:29 PM

I put off the cleaning until this morning. I think I am finally done and hopefully my husband will not make a mess of things before company arrives!

EllieGirl 12-24-2012 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by decky (Post 5738443)
I just pick up and call it good. I clean good after everyone leaves.

Pat in MN

Really....that is the best thing to do! How many times have we cleaned until we're worn out? Then company comes and the house is a mess within an hour! Then after everyone leaves, we have to clean again!

j 12-24-2012 12:38 PM

I never clean anybetter than what I do for myself. I like everything neat and usually keep it that way. Before anyone gets up in the morning I have all the quiet cleaning done and vacuum later. Every 3 months or so, I pull everything apart and clean it and the floors and this leaves me very little to do otherwise. People ask how do I keep such a clean house, with 5 children, when they were still home, but everyone learned if it looks like it needs doing, do it. This started when they were very small, if atoy didnt get put away, it got thrown out or given away. They learned real fast. Today their homes are the same way. Must have done something correctly. - J

barny 12-24-2012 12:39 PM

I've been cooking since 10: am. Still got to fix a sweet potato casserole and put it in the ref. out in garage, then clean the mess up. Not going to clean house until last of week. Had a cleaning lady tuesday, and that is it. I've got a ham cooked, potatoes peeled and in water, a jello salad made, an apple salad made, dumplings rolled out real thin and frozen, ready to boil in broth, tea made in 3 quarts ready to thin with water, A huge pot of vegetable soup for late nite if we're tired of heavy stuff, my Son is smoking 4 chickens, dil is making green bean casserole, 2 pies, dressing. All I have to do today is fall apart.LOL

j 12-24-2012 12:44 PM

I am coming anyway, and I'll be a good help.-- J

sarahelloyd 12-24-2012 12:50 PM

We have run out of time for cleaning, still we have done the rest of the things that are important!

nygal 12-24-2012 01:21 PM

I tidy up the house better but I don't go crazy.

hopetoquilt 12-24-2012 05:24 PM

My nana said that she never minded if people wrote in the dust. She said that we just couldn't "date" it. She said the greatest waste of time in her life was over cleaning... I refuse to make that mistake. I own minimal amount of things and do all cleaning on Saturday morning as fast as humanly possible. My house is immaculately clean. I just streamlined the process.