Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Cleaning out the kitchen (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/cleaning-out-kitchen-t294213.html)

SusieQOH 01-22-2018 03:42 AM

My husband is the main cook so about once a year we go through all our cupboards and drawers. One year we found at least 10 spatulas!!

jmoore 01-22-2018 03:45 AM

I bet it feels good to have a little more elbow room in your kitchen...sometimes it’s difficult to part with “things.” Good for you!

lindaschipper 01-22-2018 05:25 AM

We married two years ago...I'm his third wife (over 45 years). We have a large (huge) walk in pantry...it's stuffed with so much that previous wives didn't want to take with them, plus his stuff and mine that you can't find anything. I'm threatening to clean it out and take to Salvation Army. Who needs 10 cookie sheets, and 8 mixing bowls, plus old coffee pots and bread machines, toaster ovens anyway? I told him to speak up now because I'm only keeping what I use and want.

Beachbaby12 01-22-2018 06:13 AM

Always feels good to get things in order. Congratulations!

luvstoquilt 01-22-2018 06:38 AM

I am starting to think I will do the same thing. It is so nice to clean out things no longer needed. My kids have all they want already so I will probably take a few loads to the thrift shop.

c joyce 01-22-2018 07:14 AM

After many years of keeping things because they are still "good", I have been purging and letting these things go live at someone else's house. Everything gets donated to charities to sell.

NanaCsews2 01-22-2018 07:26 AM

Way to go! I tried doing this when we did a kitchen remodel this past year. Found out my head kept telling me I might need this or that for this or that someday. Good thing I got my big deep drawers to stash it all.

LenaBeena 01-22-2018 07:27 AM

I keep an ongoing pile of "priceless treasures" in the garage for summer sales. We live out in the country so I team up with a friend in town. Whatever does not sell we give to thrift stores. They can always use items and money helps others. Don't need to ever contribute to land fills!

Roxanne 01-22-2018 08:21 AM

Congratulations on your accomplishment! I started a huge declutter project a year ago and have almost reached my end game. You're right---it feels good to shed all the accumulated things. I don't know about you, but I intend to stay true to my new mantra and only keep things that are beautiful, useful or bring me joy.

Rhonda K 01-22-2018 08:43 AM

Congrats on your success!

This is our year for cleaning out extra stuff too. We are on a two year plan for possibly downsizing. After cleaning out two other homes for family members I don't want that task left to our children.

It is a nice feeling to go through room-by room and know there is no clutter left behind!