Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Colorful Stuff, story time (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/colorful-stuff-story-time-t293353.html)

meanmom 12-17-2017 05:40 AM

WOW! These are fantastic. Great way to reuse all of that yarn in to something beautiful.

Bug Lady 12-17-2017 05:56 AM

OMG!!!!!! This is beautiful! Love work and such creative art. Thank you for sharing.
Merry Christmas. Karen

sash 12-17-2017 09:32 AM

Oh wow. That is just absolutely stunning. Beautiful, beautiful. Makes me want to crochet, did it many years ago, but never very good at it. Sure makes me want too though.

madamekelly 12-17-2017 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Rosyhf (Post 7963862)
The top two rows of the persian tiles are already sewed together and I will finish the sewing up today and hopefully I will get an idea for the border as I do not want to make the triangles to go in the sides lol.....can you imagine all those colors?

When I used to crochet, if I had no idea how to finish an Afghan, I usually opted for a simple double crochet ruffle. Works on any shape, and nearly always looks intentional. Just my thought for the second one...

quiltingcandy 12-17-2017 09:45 AM

I love both - you have quite an eye for putting all those colors together.
Many years ago I saw a lady on a TV show talk about re-using yarn - she suggested it since wool yarn was so expensive and lasts for years. She was demonstrating how to dismantle a sweater she had made and wanted to make it into another one. My very first crochet project was a Christmas afghan that was a throw size at one end and queen size on the other - I kept buying yarn and adding to it. Needless to say it was put in a closet and never used - then I saw that show, pulled it out, dismantled it and made 3 separate Christmas afghans.

sJens 12-17-2017 11:39 AM

WOW, WOW, WOW they are both beautiful. When I saw you had taken something apart so you could use the yarn, I thought "oh no" because it was made by your MIL but they really are beautiful.

Rosyhf 12-17-2017 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy (Post 7964631)
I love both - you have quite an eye for putting all those colors together.
Many years ago I saw a lady on a TV show talk about re-using yarn - she suggested it since wool yarn was so expensive and lasts for years. She was demonstrating how to dismantle a sweater she had made and wanted to make it into another one. My very first crochet project was a Christmas afghan that was a throw size at one end and queen size on the other - I kept buying yarn and adding to it. Needless to say it was put in a closet and never used - then I saw that show, pulled it out, dismantled it and made 3 separate Christmas afghans.

My thoughts exactly. Mine was so outdated heavy and nobody was using it...now it's on the couch or bed etc and everybody loves it. I feel if it not being used, donate it or redo it....

stichinluvr 12-18-2017 06:29 AM

Those are really beautiful! Can you just single crochet around the outside to leave the beauty?

RuthiesRetreat3 12-18-2017 11:23 AM

WOW! You are so creative! Your home must be something enticing. Beautiful job.