Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   comfortable shoes needed, any suggestions for a really good pair or brand? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/comfortable-shoes-needed-any-suggestions-really-good-pair-brand-t205612.html)

sweet 11-10-2012 10:11 AM

comfortable shoes needed, any suggestions for a really good pair or brand?

Hi all! I remember an old thread that I tried to find about shoes. A lot of people chimed in and suggested some brands of shoes that sounded real good. Well, it seems that I really need to order a pair or two very soon. I'd like there to be a good arch support in the shoe, prefer leather but other might be worth trying. Comfort is 20 times more important than style for me. Any suggestions??????

Dolphyngyrl 11-10-2012 10:18 AM

are we talking tennis shoes, if so I love sketchers, have tried other brands but always come back to sketchers

NikkiLu 11-10-2012 10:27 AM

I have a pair of Dr. Scholls tennis shoes that are very comfortable and a pair of Clark's sandals that are divine.

susansomethings 11-10-2012 10:29 AM

Well I know they are expensive..but I would recommend SAS shoes. To me they are really worth the money!

luvstoquilt 11-10-2012 10:29 AM

SAS is a great brand with great support. You should give them a try!

ragquilter 11-10-2012 10:50 AM

You mentioned good arch support which is important to me because I have a high arch. The best thing I ever discovered are arch support socks. I know you wouldn't think that would make a difference but it does. They are not expensive and you can find them from Walmart to Sports Authority, it is amazing what that little band does. For a good arch support I love my Tony Little Cheeks.

quiltingcandy 11-10-2012 10:56 AM

I had such painful arches and heel spurs I thought I was facing surgery. Started wearing SAS shoes and New Balance I now have no pain at all. If you go into SAS they are trained to help with the support. Some times we think it is the arch but turns out to be some other point. It is well worth the money. Feels like walking on pillows.

kitsykeel 11-10-2012 11:02 AM

My biggest success with shoes has been the Clarks leather slip intos. I know that is not a word but you get the idea. I had three pair (brown, navy and black) and they just wore out this year. I wore them very often all year round for eight years. The most comfortable shoes I have ever had. Am going to get some more very soon. Good luck in your quest. Feet that hurt can ruin anyone's day.

quilter1 11-10-2012 11:13 AM

I think the important thing is to be properly fitted for shoes. I agree totally, that comfort is more important than style, however it is nice to wear good looking shoes. I like Mephisto, Finn Comfort, Merrell, ECCO and SAS. I also like Clark slip ons in the summer. None of these shoes will come cheaply but they are worth it.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 11-10-2012 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by susansomethings (Post 5647813)
Well I know they are expensive..but I would recommend SAS shoes. To me they are really worth the money!

I second the motion! They've even came out with some nicer looking styles recently. I have a pair of thongs that I love. I also have sandals and lace ups. I generally won't wear anything else. I just wish they would come out with a tennis shoe style. So far, I have not been able to make myself go to the gym wearing leather lace up although they are more comfortable than my tennis shoes!