Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Company Is Gone But More Coming....Food Ideas????? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/company-gone-but-more-coming-food-ideas-t48621.html)

marsye 06-06-2010 02:34 PM

This batch of company left today. :thumbup: But I have another batch coming Tuesday. :? And they have 3 teenage kids. They are not going to be staying with me, they rented a cabin for the week. But I'm gonna feed them one day. What could I feed them that would be fast and simple? I'm brain dead! I thought about sandwiches....a variety of cold cuts, tuna, chips, etc. Let everyone make their own. Would that be cold? (no pun intended ) ;-) I didn't invite them but they are welcome. :)

Pamela Artman 06-06-2010 02:38 PM

I've never known any teenagers who didn't like sandwiches and chips. My husband is an advisor for a high school club and they come here for meetings sometimes and I provide food. They like chips of course and cookies, but surprisingly, they have asked for fruit instead of desert. My husband made a fresh fruit platter to take to a meeting at the school and they gobbled it all up and thanked him. I think he used fresh pineapple, strawberries, grapes and orange slices. The other thing I've served is brats and chips.

Butterfli19 06-06-2010 02:41 PM

How about ordering pizza? Or, a favorite among my son and friends is chicken roll ups. I buy cooked chicken out of the rotisserie at the grocery store, cut it up, and they use a flat wrap with mayo, lettuce, and whatever else they like.

They also prefer fruit to chips and juice to soda.

sewgull 06-06-2010 02:45 PM

Baked spagetti is always good a for youth night supper at church. The kids love it.
G-son's football like the baked spagetti. You can make early in the day or freeze when needed. It is an easy and cheap meal.

clem55 06-06-2010 02:47 PM

NOthing wrong with serving cold cuts, chips etc. for lunch. Fresh fruit is great, and a pan of fresh brownies always seemds to go over. When I have "invited" company, we always have sandwiches for lunch. It's a time to visit, not be in the kitchen cooking!

littlehud 06-06-2010 03:09 PM

A variety of sandwich fixings and chips sound great to me. Most teenagers like that. Come to think of it, so do I.

dsb38327 06-06-2010 03:22 PM

Your menu sounds good. Are there garden tomatoes out already? Yummmm!

Luv Quilts and Cats 06-06-2010 03:23 PM

I think sandwiches and chips is a great idea. Kids love that stuff. Desert could be ice cream or bakery chocolate chip cookies.

I go To The Sea To Breathe 06-06-2010 03:49 PM

I like to serve sloppy joes, or taverns as they call them in South Dakota, but then some may not like they way they are made. Also a huge pan of lasanga goes over good with my groups and that can be made the easy way, but I think sandwiches are great. Only thing sometimes that gets a little spendy.....

JanetM 06-06-2010 03:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think your menu is fine. Just be sure to have enough...teenagers eat a lot :!: