Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   computer question for dial/up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/computer-question-dial-up-t157155.html)

LindaR 10-01-2011 05:35 AM

Has anyone every gotten adobe flash player to work on dial/up...I downloaded it into my computer but never got it to work...I'll tell ya country living is wonderful til you turn the computer on. :thumbdown: I've really seen all the turkeys, deer, raccoons I want to for a life time.

ptquilts 10-01-2011 06:04 AM

I feel for ya - used to have dial up until this year. I think I had Flash cause I remember disabling it so I wouldn't have to see the moving ads.

erstan947 10-01-2011 07:11 AM

My internet choices are dialup or satellite. Hughesnet is worth the money:)

fraydknot12326 10-01-2011 08:10 AM

I had dial-up for 7+ years and Adobe worked fine ... s..l..o..w.. but fine ... this was with XP .. HTH ~ :D

ontheriver 10-01-2011 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by erstan947
My internet choices are dialup or satellite. Hughesnet is worth the money:)

Same here. Used hughes.net but did not like the usage limit. Have local company that has 3G Internet, works great unlimited and only 25.00 a month.

Glassquilt 10-01-2011 12:06 PM

You'll need it if someone emails you a PDF file. I used to get up at 4am to get on the internet when most everybody was asleep. Didn't even try during the day. I remember starting to download, doing other things and coming back to see what was what. Couldn't believe the difference when we got DSL. Still not fast enough for movies but I can view u-tube.

mim 10-01-2011 12:08 PM

dial up is probably too slow for what you want. I used to live in the country without cable. Now we have cable but most cell phones won't work so we use trac-phone which uses whatever tower is available.

Mim

Bobbielinks 10-02-2011 03:43 PM

I'm on dial-up and do use Adobe, but can't watch you-tube, movies nor videos on computer, much too slow.

sewlisa 10-02-2011 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bobbielinks
I'm on dial-up and do use Adobe, but can't watch you-tube, movies nor videos on computer, much too slow.

Same here. Years ago we had the opportunity for cable to come past our house. At the time there was no internet, and we really didn't care to watch cable, much less pay for it. Now we're kicking ourselves. Dishnet is available here, but we just don't have the installation fee. There is so much else we need more. Could probably have Verizon, but we'd have to pay the maximum fee as the tower is 3+ miles away from our house. Maybe someday...

LindaR 10-03-2011 04:29 AM

I mis-spoke, I have adobe for downloading patterns etc but can't get movies, videos etc. Just won't load. I've heard of the limit time on Hughes...a friend said when her GK's come she pays big time LOL, I'm on a lot so that won't work either oh wellllll some day LOL