Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Computer Threats (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/computer-threats-t43890.html)

Admin 04-25-2010 03:37 PM

OK, it looks like it's in the ad system because it seems to affect a lot of sites that carry Google ads.
As such, I'm sure Google will sort it out quickly.

Please let me know if you continue seeing it after a couple of days.

Born2Sew 04-25-2010 03:38 PM

Yes, I will, and thanks for the help.

Carol's Quilts 04-25-2010 03:40 PM

I had the same thing happen the other day while on this board. I got out of it real quick, but went back to the site a few minutes later and it was fine.

I have Norton as some other responders have said, but their comments are way too technical for me. I don't understand any of it. Since I was able to get back on the board, I just didn't worry about it.

The other day I went to a cooking site I visit often and got a message that I wasn't "authorized" to enter that site. So I backed out of it, went to another site and a few minutes later, went back to the first site and it was fine. So who knows? It's way beyond me.

virtualbernie 04-25-2010 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Born2Sew
Not sure about that but I was on here last night and Norton popped up a message that a trojan tried to access my system. I love this site so much, I would hate to have to stop visiting because of something like this.

I got the same thing a couple of days ago. I clicked on a message from one of the members that had fabric for sale and Windows Explorer shut it down saying it was an unsafe site and McAfee reported a trojan trying to access my computer also.

nativetexan 04-25-2010 05:05 PM

i got that too. on my old computer when we had McAfee virus program and now on my new computer and i use webroot.
Admin told me to send him a screenshot of the message should i get it again.not sure how to do that.
i'm really thinking it is a ruse to get you to click on another link which i will not do!
pm Admin and let him know all this.

roseOfsharon 04-25-2010 05:32 PM

Ahhh I too, just tonight had Norton signal that a trojan had tried to access me. It was blocked .. so there must be something going on here.

roseOfsharon 04-25-2010 05:35 PM

Yes Admin, that is the pop up that I had gotten.

roseOfsharon 04-25-2010 05:38 PM

Interesting as I never had this happen until today, and today I had to download Norton in place of McAfee. I sure hope that Norton is a good anit-virus.

JanetM 04-25-2010 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Born2Sew
Not sure about that but I was on here last night and Norton popped up a message that a trojan tried to access my system. I love this site so much, I would hate to have to stop visiting because of something like this.

I had this same warning from Norton. Have never seen it before.

mamaw 04-25-2010 05:46 PM

I had a warning about a half hr. ago of danger on this site. I closed it out, then waited a while to come back. I use a different anti virus program than the others mentioned also; so there must be something to this!!