Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Copper ceramic pan reviews (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/copper-ceramic-pan-reviews-t287342.html)

ube quilting 04-06-2017 09:26 AM

Copper ceramic pan reviews

I am looking to replace my worn out non stick fry pan. Personally I would love to use my old cast iron but they do not work well on the electric glass top stove my DH bought without asking me.:( I can't now re invest in a gas stove.

Has any one bought one of these "As seen on TV" pans and how do they like it?

Thanks for any information.

peace

Chasing Hawk 04-06-2017 10:02 AM

My brother, Bryan bought a couple of these pans. He says they work as advertised. Bryan rarely "endorses" anything, so those pans must be good....haha I am thinking about trying out a frying pan or two one day.

QuiltnLady1 04-06-2017 10:41 AM

I haven't tried the copper ceramic, but I have some ceramic frying pans for several years that I use on a glass top cook top (not induction). I love cooking with them but they do chip like the enamel pans my mother used to have. So far, the chips have been small and on the edges but I think you have to be a bit more careful than the older non-stick.

KalamaQuilts 04-06-2017 11:36 AM

we use our cast iron all the time on our smooth top, have for years. Just be careful you don't drop it on the top :) Those tops are tougher than you might think

NJ Quilter 04-06-2017 11:38 AM

We received one of the 'red copper' pans as a gift this past Christmas. So far only DH has used it. He likes it. Easy clean up as you just rinse with water and dry with cloth/paper towel - no dishwasher. Instructions on the pan. I've not seen anything stick to it yet.

sewn3w 04-06-2017 11:45 AM

I refuse to use the one dh bought because instructions on it say do not put in the dishwasher. So you would be swapping one convenience for another. I think it depends on what you want vs will give up.

nativetexan 04-06-2017 01:01 PM

the glass top stoves can't have any aluminum in the pan bottom. that's all to watch out for as far as I know. I had some lovely stainless steel pans but everything I cooked in them stuck so I gave those away and found some non stick ones. It took sleuthing to make sure of the contents of the new pans too. that was a few years ago. I think everything is more difficult now since most things come from other Countries.

Quilter 53 04-06-2017 01:14 PM

I love mine! Just follow the instructions that come with the pan, I had to "season" mine twice. Not and issue with me that they can't go in the dishwasher... nothing seems to stick to them so they clean so easy. No need to go in the dishwasher. Only complaint, my fried eggs don't taste the same without a dab of butter.

popover 04-06-2017 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by nativetexan (Post 7799434)
the glass top stoves can't have any aluminum in the pan bottom. that's all to watch out for as far as I know. I had some lovely stainless steel pans but everything I cooked in them stuck so I gave those away and found some non stick ones. It took sleuthing to make sure of the contents of the new pans too. that was a few years ago. I think everything is more difficult now since most things come from other Countries.

Why? I've been doing it wrong for 20 years?

ube quilting 04-06-2017 02:38 PM

This is a good ? Why no aluminum pans on electric glass top stove? The stove My DH bought had no restriction info regarding this.