Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Costume Ideas (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/costume-ideas-t203290.html)

ctipton 10-16-2012 11:01 PM

Drop threads and scraps on yourself and go as a quilter:thumbup: cereal killer to punny:D:D

kathbug 10-17-2012 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic (Post 5587838)
Get a box of Cereal, any kind. Grab a steak knife and jab it into the box of cereal. Walk around with the impaled box of Cereal and tell people you are a "serial killer"

Pin socks and other misc laundry items to your clothes. Tease your hair out like you have been electrocuted. Tell people you are static cling.

what a great imagination to funny. Wish I could of had that when I was young and went to parties

tuppermern 10-17-2012 05:37 AM

My grandaughter just went to Good Will & bought a bridesmaid dress. I made her a sash like Miss America---and she's going to use fabric paint to mark it "Queen for a Day" or something! You can buy tiaras either at craft stores----or even Claires.

Slow2Sew 10-17-2012 10:11 AM

Have a friend that used a large box, cut openings in it for his head and arms and painted it to look like a night stand. He went as (are you ready for this?)...a one night stand! May not be appropriate for a nursing facility though. :)

Rose_P 10-17-2012 08:20 PM

How about just wearing the loudest, craziest baggy short dress you can find at the Goodwill, wearing bright lipstick and teasing your hair into a mess? Maybe add some yellow spray on hair color. Maybe you can use an empty ball point pen case as a long cigarette holder, or a plastic rose between your teeth to complete a Phyllis Diller outfit. She usually wore very unbecoming high heeled boots, but I think you could get a similar effect by covering old sneakers with glitter. The older residents at the facility will remember who she was. She passed away recently at age 95.

Whatever you do, I hope you'll post a picture of yourself!

sailsablazin 10-17-2012 10:19 PM

Raggedy Ann

You could wear a pair of jeans rolled up to your knees. Then put red electrical tape on your white nylons for stripes.
A blouse of some sort. Lots of freckles and long eyelashes drawn on your face. I just used my own hair in crazy pigtails.

PJSUMMER 10-18-2012 08:09 AM

A CHEF

You can buy a white chef hat ( and white chef apron ) at JoAnn's for about $7-8.00 each.... If your uniform is a white jacket it would be perfect. Bring a wooden spoon to keep the olle' guys n gals in line..lol....other Scary extras would be red like stains for blood on apron...a ( toy ) meat cleaver.... blacken teeth ...lol

QuiltingKrazy 10-18-2012 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Slow2Sew (Post 5592456)
Have a friend that used a large box, cut openings in it for his head and arms and painted it to look like a night stand. He went as (are you ready for this?)...a one night stand! May not be appropriate for a nursing facility though. :)

HAHAHA! This is a good one! Not easy to work in a box though... but I LOVE the Idea!

kimscruzer 10-18-2012 09:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I did a hippie before . Was ahoot !

Originally Posted by bibi (Post 5591242)
How about dress like someone from a specific decade? With all the tie dyes and peace symbols everywhere it should be easy to come up with a hippie/60's outfit. Goodwill has long colorful dirndl type skirts, add a tie-dye shirt, affix a handmade headband with a peace symbol, which can be made out of brown constuction or colored paper, and wear a leather look alike necklace (can be construction paper, or a shoelace) affixed with a paper peace symbol. Best part you can wear your most comfortable sandals. Goodwill even sells very inexpensive children's straight hair wigs that fit most adults. Good luck and have fun!