Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Could Someone Please Explain To Me... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/could-someone-please-explain-me-t98611.html)

sewwhat85 02-10-2011 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by hannajo

Originally Posted by suezquilts
You can right click, push save as, then look to the left and I usually have it on my desk top, making a folder to save "patterns" in
push save or ok

I have this same problem. If something is not on my desktop, I can never find it again.

that is not funny i feel the same way

debbieumphress 02-10-2011 08:42 PM

Dreamer 2009 - I will call you tomorrow and tell you where it is. Hard to write it all. *H*U*G*S*

fidgety 02-10-2011 11:02 PM

The best way I have found to keep all of the patterns in one place and not fill up your PC is to buy a USb stick and save them to it. then you know where they all are..

brushandthimble 02-11-2011 03:58 AM

I save them to a my documents in a file I called "downloaded patterns" I can open the file and look throught what is there.

Shelbie 02-11-2011 04:32 AM

Once I realized that My Documents was like a giant filing cabinet and I could put file folders filled with patterns, instructions in those folders, it made my life a whole lot easier. My "filing cabinet" is full of folders named Quick Quilts, Quilting Tips or Crib Quilts etc. Now it is just a matter of clicking on My Documents, high lighting and opening Crib Quilts and scrolling through and selecting the pattern I need. You need to spend a little time with a patient friend, niece or granddaughter who could help you set up this system and show you how to use it.

Debra Mc 02-11-2011 06:54 AM

Go to your documents file & make a PDF quilt patterns file. When I down load patterns I click my documents then open the PDf & save to it. I do my embroidery files the same way.

quilt crazee 02-11-2011 07:59 AM

I'm computer stupid! I saved, saved, but couldn't find. They were in "MY DOCUMENTS". My friend has now shown me how to make folders! So now I'm making folders of PP, applique, tips,ect.. So much eASIER TO FIND WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR!

arimuse 02-11-2011 08:28 AM

when I download anything, I always save it to my desktop (you have to look at the download box address and make sure you change it where you want it to be downloaded to) and then put it in a folder I put on the desktop. I have quilt, sew, craft, recipe, and xmas to make folders just loaded w/ free downloads from the net. share t

SewMamaw 02-11-2011 09:02 AM

I save them to a file I have on the desktop and then periodically I download the file to a CD, that way I'll have all those lovely patterns when needed.

hannajo 02-11-2011 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by jojosnana
I ask my DSIL, he can always find it for me.....

My DH is always finding stuff for me.